Group Accounting Specialist
Consultant Alexandra Van der Lelij
Datum 26 maart 20192019-03-26 2019-05-25 manufacturing-and-production Schiphol-Rijk North Holland Schiphol NL 1181CL EUR 80000 88000 88000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
How would it be to work as a Group Accounting Specialist for an international operating Offshore company, located in Amsterdam? It is a challenging and rewarding position wherein you will have lots of business impact and manage a small team. Interested? Read more:
As a Group Accounting Specialist you will work closely with the Group Consolidation Manager and the Group Reporting Manager on adapting the accounting policies and processes in accordance with requirements from the business and you ensure that accounting rules are well documented and are applied consistently across this offshore company worldwide.
In this role, you will be part of the Group Consolidation & Reporting team, which consists of ten enthusiastic financials, and mainly deals with the preparation and presentation of internal- and external financial reporting. The team is based in Amsterdam but has day-to-day interaction with the local finance teams across the world, ranging from Houston to Kuala Lumpur. Within the team you will report to the Group Accounting & Consolidation Manager.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- the group IFRS expert
- always up to date with the latest changes in IFRS standards, coordinate changes in IFRS within SBM worldwide, and organize IFRS training across the group
- responsible for the accounting analysis of complex transactions, for example review and prepare the analysis in areas of for example IFRS 15, IFRS 16, IFRS 11, IAS 28 and IFRS 9
- the key contributor to the Annual Report & responsible for preparation of Financial Statements. You will be responsible for preparation of Financial Statements which consists of both coordinating and obtaining information from different departments (Treasury, Tax etc.) as well as preparing certain sections of Financial Statements. Your ultimate goal is to deliver the top quality and compliant Financial Statements
- responsible for liaise with external stakeholders: you are the key interlocutor for external auditors and other providers (e.g. actuarial valuation)
- a teamplayer who work together with the accounting community across the group: you animate and lead the accounting community and provide technical assistance to finance teams globally.
You have a relevant post-graduation accounting degree (i.e. ACCA, RA or equivalent) and at least 6 years of work experience in an international audit firm and/or a similar corporate position in a large cap listed company. With your degree, work experience and expert level IFRS skills, you are highly qualified and enthusiastic to take on this role at SBM Offshore. Do you have experience working in both a big international audit firm and a corporate accounting position? That is a distinct bonus. You are able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and are capable of managing change in an international environment. With your good interpersonal and communication skills, and a high level of English (both written and verbal), you will be successful in our fast-paced environment.
Interested? Please apply directly or contact Alexandra van der Lelij for more information.