Internal Control Specialist
Consultant Joram Falkenburg
Datum 26 januari 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
How would you enjoy an exciting, impactful role as Internal Control Specialist for an international, multi-billion logistics and transportation company in the greater Amersfoort (Utrecht) Area? In this role you will be a true and highly valued business partner. Interested? Read on.
YOUR ROLE AS INTERNAL CONTROL SPECIALIST
In this challenging role with good growth opportunities the Internal Control Specialist will be supporting process owners throughout the Group to maintain and in some cases (re)design the internal control framework.
The Internal Control Officer will work closely with various teams within the company; group wide. This position will require you to have a strong big picture focus, without losing sight of the details to ensure you fully understand the challenges, risks and processes to develop the internal controls.
Input to the internal control and audit policies and procedures are highly valued and contribute to the success of the department.
The Internal Control Officer will be based in the Netherlands with frequent travel across Netherlands and Belgium and occasional travel to the UK. The position offers an overview of the whole Group as part of a small HQ team. You report directly to the Internal Control & Audit Manager.
Since the organisation is listed in the UK an efficient and compliant environment is crucial. This makes this position challenging, complex and essential within the finance organisation.
- Act as a true Business partner of Division Finance Teams without losing sight of the importance of compliance.
- Develop policies and procedures, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance.
- Responsible for the development of the Internal Control Framework across the organisation (internationally)
- Review existing controls in place and make any necessary revisions or additions.
- Preparation and analysis of the reports on the execution of the controls and compliance with the Internal Control Framework. Results are shared, discussed and followed up with various teams.
- Educate and train others on internal control and address specific training and development needs to fill control gaps.
- Verify compliance with the key control framework and relevant policies by performing internal reviews, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Where needed action plans or improvement project are initiated in collaboration with the Internal Control & Audit Manager and Division Teams.
- Master degree in Economics or another Finance related field
- 5 years relevant experience in finance or auditing. either within a (Big 4) audit firm and/or in an international corporate environment.
- Prior experience within Risk & Compliance or Internal Control role, finance experience is preferred.
- Analytical, structured, energetic, pragmatic and organised with attention to detail.
- Able to build processes and lay foundations with a passion for continuous improvement
- Willing and able to partner with a hands on mentality and a self-starter
- Good project management skills
- And maybe most important an open mind-set and willing to learn
- Strong communication skills and able to communicate across various levels within the organisation
Fluency in Dutch and English, both verbally and written as a must
Apply Directly below!