Associate Director Audit & Assurance Services
Salaris €80,000 - €90,000 per annum + Bonus and additional benefits
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 11 juni 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Do you have extensive experience in Audit? Are you CPA/CA/RA or equivalent? Do you have excellent leadership skills? Would you be interested in working for a large, leading Pharmaceutical company? Great! We are currently recruiting for an Associate Director Audit and Assurance Services for MSD, part of Merck.
MSD is a global pharmaceutical company with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. They are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. MSD’s ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, they strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Corporate Audit & Assurance Services department
Reporting into the Client Audit Director ("CAD") and the Auditor-in-Charge ("AIC"), you will Lead a team of Internal Audit Specialists (3 - 7 FTE) through financial and compliance audits and assessments across all MSD divisions and functions to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls and deliver audit reports that add value to the area audited.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Coaching and training staff members during the execution of the audits and assessments;
- Demonstrating knowledge of and techniques to assess risk and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls in moderately complex business scenarios in accordance with timelines;
- Applying knowledge to analyze and evaluate business scenarios following a risk based approach and maintaining supporting documentation;
- Coaching in the skill of detecting, analyzing, quantifying and reporting non-conformance;
- Participating in projects to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies;
- Providing technical guidance and consultation on Company Policies and Procedures/Control Issues to the client and audit staff.
Air travel is required within assigned regions/ entities internationally to complete testing; estimated travel up to 30-40% of the time, most frequent within Europe. Driving is also required for certain domestic audits.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting/ Finance from an accredited institution;
- Degrees in RA, CPA, CA and CIA (or comparable) are a strong plus.
- At least seven years of working experience in internal and/or external audit, Big4 experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of audit methodology and internal controls;
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance is a great asset;
- Affinity or experience with IT Audit is desirable;
- Able to identify and integrate patterns, trends, and inconsistencies across data sources to determine their broader implications;
- Great in coaching in ways to improve team cohesiveness and effectiveness;
- Able to maintain team’s focus in the face of distractions, problems or crises;
- Open communication style that actively acknowledges other thoughts and opinions;
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with client and business process owners as well as colleagues;
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English, fluent in a second language is a plus.
A good place to work
MSD is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators. MSD always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels. They expect a lot from their people and MSD has a lot to offer them as well. Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what MSD values and rewards most. If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, MSD will be a good place for you to work. They have an excellent fringe benefit program, and invest heavily in the development of their people. MSD gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Robert Walters is responsible for the first selection round. Please apply via the button below so that we can review your application. Looking forward to meeting you! Please do note that you should be fully eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Haarlem, The Netherlands