Internal Audit Lead
Consultant Martijn Boet
Datum 11 juni 20192019-06-12 2019-08-10 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Dordrecht South Holland NL EUR 70000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Internal Audit Lead is responsible for performing financial and operational audits group wide and take the lead in Risk & Governance related projects. Reports directly to the Group Controller and dotted line reporting to the Vice President of the Non-Executive Board. You will lead and develop the Internal Audit function within a fast growing international company.
Tasks & responsibilities as the Internal Audit Lead will include:
- Further develop the internal audit function and internal audit program in cooperation with Group Controller with a broader focus than just financial (operational, safety etc.);
- Complete the Internal Control Framework based on/around the new ERP system;
- Conduct financial, operational and compliance audits of various operations and functions (e.g. fleet-management, operations, sales, procurement management, and finance & accounting);
- Challenge the leading practices on Risk, Control and Governance and become a trusted advisor for the Group Controller and other members of the (Non) Executive Board;
- Be responsible for the speak-up line within the organisation together with the legal counsel;
- Responsible for keeping high standards on Business Ethics within the organization.
- Supporting n investment and divestment processes by performing financial due diligences in alignment with the M&A manager
- Develop, implement and maintain a Risk Control Framework together with the Risk and Insurance Manager
- Challenge external auditors on scoping of interim, year-end, and statutory audits and support the accounting department in preparation for year end.
- Responsible for the execution fraud investigations, information technology, or other audits and special projects as required;
- Employ techniques such as process analysis, internal control assessments, financial modeling, statistical analysis, forensics, to analyze company processes and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Maintain effective working relations with external auditors and various levels of management at HQ and in the countries;
- Responsible for the execution of fieldwork, identifying issues, and developing value-added action plans for improving efficiency, reporting and financial performance.
- Master’s degree is required or equivalent work experience and an MBA is a plus. CIA, and/or CPA required;
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in financial and/or operational auditing in an internal audit role or big 4 experience required;
- Experience with operations and/or business process improvement in service industries desired;
- Must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal, technical, and organizational skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills is required. English required;
- Strong analytical skills and able to retain a helicopter View;
- Proficiency in computer aided audit techniques is highly desirable;
- Willingness to travel is required;
- Excellent data analysis skills (including SQL, Advanced Excel, Access, or other tools);
- Knowledge of COSO Integrated Framework for Internal Control;
- Systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance process;
- A team player and ability to interact with all levels within the company who actively coaches employees from other departments.
If you are interested in this challenging role please respond through our website. For additional information please contact Martijn Boet