Salaris €50,000 - €65,000 per year
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 2 augustus 2018 2018-08-022018-10-01 hospitality-and-catering Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Do you have experience in Accounting and are you keen on improving financial processes? Are you interested in working for an international, dynamic organization? Would you love to work in a close team? Perfect, we might be looking for you. For Le Cordon Bleu we are looking for an Accounting Manager.
Founded in Paris in 1895, Le Cordon Bleu is considered today the largest network of culinary and hospitality schools in the world with more than 35 schools in 20 countries and 16,000 students of over 90 nationalities are trained every year. Le Cordon Bleu combines innovation and creativity with tradition through its certificates, diplomas and bachelors and master degrees, including an online degree in gastronomic tourism.
They offer many fine restaurants as well as numerous bakeries and coffee shops under the Le Cordon Bleu trademark. In addition, they have expanded our activities to include various educational media such as culinary publications, instructional videos, TV series, cooking equipment and such more.
Reporting line and working relationships:
The Accounting Manager will report directly to the FP&A manager and will work closely with the COO of Le Cordon Bleu International. He will maintain a working relationship with the business controllers of LCB International. He will work under the ultimate control of the President of Le Cordon Bleu.
The Accounting Manager will ensure a full compliance of the LCB International accounting to the required local standard and apply the LCB Guidelines. He/She will be the local expert in all accounting standard and will serve as a support to the Business controller to ensure local entities are applying good and updated accounting practices.
He/She will understand the company structure and work confidentially on all matter to ensure a true business of the operation is being provided at regular points. Timely accounting and reporting is required along with a great attention to the details that an international business may require. He/She will understand the intercompany relation and the principles of elimination/consolidation. The Accounting Manager will have to maintain regular contact with internal and external business partners. (Internal: Finance Control manager, all internal departmental managers, and the duly appointed international representatives or point of contact. External: Auditing, Legal, Taxes, Labour, IT and Software consultants.)
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Being support and partner to the FP&A manager.
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statement P/L and B/S in accordance with local GAAP and LCB guidelines and accounting manual.
- Clean, Improve and manage the daily bookkeeping operation.
- Obtain the right financial and non financial information on time from different internal stakeholders.
- Manage fully and improve the accounts payable and accounts receivable function.
- Maintain up to date bank reconciliation and provide relevant insight to the business in the preparation of timely cash flow.
- Manage periodical auditing activities of external auditor and tax office
- Responsible for the posting, monitoring and reviewing of the various revenues in accordance with local GAAP and LCB guidelines.
- Maintenance and update of all corporate housekeeping and other regulatory requirements.
- Review, adjust and update the ERP (Navision) to ensure its fully functional and provide evident audit trail.
- Perform general and auxiliary accounting;
- Reconcile intercompany accounts with other daughter companies in the network ME D-2;
- Cash Management, managing billing customers and suppliers;
- Manage assets and amortization;
- Prepare social and tax declarations;
- Prepare balance sheets and income statements and tax returns in accordance with the legal provisions;
- Proceed to Monthly closures (D + 4);
- Accounting and Tax Watch;
- Ensure the update (and usage) of accounting software;
- Develop and implement internal control procedures and optimize the accounting procedures;
- Ensure the correct analytic inputs of costs and revenues;
- Build P&L per activity.
Your experience and skills
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Commerce or Accounting
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in an (international) environment
- Demonstrated experience in a related role in the Netherlands
- Experienced in and good knowledge of Dutch GAAP and local VAT/TAX
- Full familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 programs Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience in implementing new ERP is a pre
- Fluent in English is a requirement (verbal and in writing) and in French is a bonus
- Experience in working creatively and constructively with people from other cultural backgrounds
- Providing a high-level accounting accuracy
- Working with a diverse cultural and linguistic client base
- High level of communication skills
- Good sense of humour
What’s in it for you?
A lot! Le Cordon Bleu offers you a great, challenging role with an international scope with many responsibilities. They have a beautiful, classic office the Herengracht in Amsterdam where you can easily ride on your bike to. They work closely together as a team, have a lot of fun together, and are excited to meet their future colleague.
Interested? Please apply asap for this interesting Accounting Manager role. Do you know the perfect candidate for this role? Do not hesitate and send this vacancy forward to him/her. If your referral gots mediated by us, we will send you a nice present!