Internal Control Specialist
Salaris €60,000 - €75,000 per year
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 2 augustus 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you interested in working in the second line of defence? Do you like to improve the internal control framework of a large corporate in FMCG? For Jacobs Douwe Egberts we are now recruiting for an Internal Control Specialist in Utrecht. Please read on.
Your actions have impact at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, just like the actions of their 12.000 passionate associates in over 100 countries. JDE is proud to be part of millions of people’s lives with iconic brands including Douwe Egberts, L’OR, Senseo, Pickwick, Piazza D’Oro, Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Kenco, Pilao and Gevali. The impact that their associates have on the organization, the brands and themselves, contributes to delivering their worldwide vision: a coffee for every cup. Your actions have impact.
Currently JDE is looking for an Internal Control Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for managing and coordinating all Internal Control, Audit and Compliance activities for our Dutch business units. In this role you are the gate keeper and business partner to (Senior) Management for internal control, audit and compliance related matters. Where needed and in close corporation with the Global Internal Audit and Control department you will proactively propose and implement changes to the internal control framework to best reflect the risk profile of the different business units. Together with the (Internal) Control Performers and through internal controls testing you will maintain and keep the internal control requirements executed and will ensure the right level of risk & internal control awareness within the organization.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Proactively advise Management on all internal control, risk and compliance related matters;
- Ensures a culture of risk and internal control awareness;
- Implement and maintain a compliance/internal control issue management tracking and resolution process that will address known and newly identified issues, according to severity and potential impact to the organization;
- Coordination and follow up of the internal and external (interim) audit coordination;
- Keeping the local process aligned and supported with Internal Controls, with a mainly financial reporting scope;
- Ensure timely internal control execution and testing activities according the internal control scope and timelines;
- Guide and instruct all control performers in case of changing internal controls;
- Gatekeeper to ensure proper segregation of duties within the relevant IT systems;
- Supports and reviews entities to properly evidence compliance to JDE’s global business and operating model.
Education / experience
- At least a Master degree in Finance or equivalent. Having a RO, RA, RC title (or comparable) is a strong pre.
- Experience in a Financial Controlling, Risk Management or Audit role;
- Proven process knowledge in multinational (FMCG) environment for at least 4 years or you have a minimum of 4 years of experience at one of the BIG4 accountancy firms;
- Ready for the next step in your career in a changing business environment and eager to take ownership and initiative;
- Ability to work within tight deadlines;
- Communicate with impact (open, honest and with respect). You are able to earn trust quickly, understand and value diversity and individual differences;
- Ability to discuss (control)topics on all levels in the organization in an understandable way;
- Team player, inquisitive mind set and strong business challenger;
- Enthusiastically accept and promote change. You are able to drive improvement through people and align an organization in a new and challenging direction;
- Language: Fluent in English, Dutch preferred.
What’s in it for you?
Well, a lot. JDE is one of the best employers of the Netherlands. Just to give you a few examples:
- A very interesting role where you will be in touch with various internal stakeholders
- Many (international) growing opportunities
- Excellent salary packages
- A beautiful office in Utrecht with the best coffee facilities you can ever imagine
- Great, smart and ambitious colleagues
- And more...
Please apply now!