Head of HR Operations
Consultant Iris Jansen
Datum 9 januari 2019 2019-01-092019-03-10 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 80000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Are you an experienced HR Business Partner / HR Operations Manager within a (international) financial services organization? Are you able to direct all HR operational services under appropriate direction to all business units? Then you are the Head of HR Operations I am looking for!
The function heads up the local AMS HR Operations team, and supports the HR function. The HR team is led by the Head of HR and the Head of Reward, Benefits and Performance EMEA who both report into the Deputy President (COO). The HR team consists of a designation HR team in Amsterdam, Brussels, Düsseldorf and Madrid and operational HR support in Warsaw, Vienna and Prague.
Overall purpose of the job
HR HQ operational team lead, responsible for all HR operational services under appropriate direction to all business units, in accordance with agreed service standards and in adherence with all relevant internal and external regulatory/statutory requirements and pro-actively assist human resources management, responding to customer enquiries, monitoring and supporting HR associated tasks and activities.
- Accountable for the effective management of the HQ HR Operations team’s performance, ensuring they comply with the organisation’s governance policies and procedures and ensuring that all team members are clear on what is expected and how they are performing against Key Performance Indicators as well as motivating, developing, supporting and guiding team members.
- Provide advice and guidance on a range of standard HR procedures and practices, referring issues as appropriate.
- Build and sustain strong working relationships with key stakeholders to help achieve individual, team/department, branch and regional objectives, providing support on key initiatives and providing professional HR advisory services to all employees.
- Accountable for the effective management of the AMS HR operations team’s performance, ensuring they comply with the organisation’s governance policies and procedures and ensuring that all team members are clear on what is expected and how they are performing against Key Performance Indicators as well as motivating, developing, supporting and guiding team members.
- Ensure the correct HR controls are in place and the HR department is maintained in a status of audit readiness.
- Liaise with Planning and Accounting in direct and indirect personnel expenses budgeting, ensuring appropriate cost control.
- Deliver and control a range of HR functions and services, e.g. Payroll, HR reporting & other HR operational tasks.
- Respond to a wide range of demanding customer enquiries, ensuring that the information provided is clearly understood by the customer, escalating issues as appropriate.
- As required, provide project support/undertake projects.
- Identify and recommend improvements, where appropriate, to processes, procedures and practices.
- Undertake a range of support duties including the provision of ad hoc information when
- Contribute to the HR team’s workload.
- Ensure compliance with the rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together
with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements where appropriate implementing
actions to protect the business at all times.
- University Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working within a global/international financial services organization.
- The function requires an excellent understanding and practical experience across a
number of HR services disciplines.
- Good knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, technical
interpretation and the ability to provide advice thereon.
- Good understanding of the overall strategy and goals, structures policies and
culture together with a detailed knowledge of the policies, operations, systems in own
- The function also requires good knowledge and experience with automated database
storage and processing and desktop IT skills. The HR administrator keeps his/her
knowledge and skills up-to-date by reading internal bulletins regarding his/her area and
by external or internal education.
- Maintains contact with external organisations/professionals for exchange of
information, developments and the sharing of best practice.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English are essential.
Interested in this challening role? Reply immediately by clicking the link to apply!