Head of Legal
Consultant Henjo van Niekerk
Datum 30 oktober 2018 2018-10-302018-12-29 legal Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam
We have been engaged by one of the worlds fastest growing fin-tech companies that are, due to global expansion, looking for an experienced Head of Legal to help set-up their EMEA HQ in Amsterdam.
Take the lead on business as usual advice internally to include:
- Maintaining standard customer terms and conditions and related policies in agreed countries (currently = UK, USA, Canadian, Netherlands law);
- Create / deploy a clause bank related to above;
- Maintain standard supplier terms and related GDPR agreements;
- Support sales negotiations when needed including bespoke contracts;
- Suppliers contract;
- As needed support Chief Compliance Officer with regulatory reviews, legal lead in banking partner contract negotiations;
- Company secretarial - Maintain registers, records and filing including statutory minutes all countries (doesn’t include Corporate finance);
- Act as local Money Laundering Officer (MLRO) - localise our Compliance and AML policies and procedures (including management of external compliance counsel if needed, including managing budget) and local escalation for Analysts in the UK;
- Liaise with the Head of Compliance Ops in the UK to make sure that local policies follow our global practices.
- University Masters Degree in Dutch law,
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience gained in an international environment either at a reputable law firm and / or as in-house legal counsel at another multinational,
- Experience in relevant industries is a plus;
- Corporate / commercial law background and a business attitude;
- Experience in a technology-driven and an international environment;
- Experience with Labour law & GDPR is a plus;
- Enthusiastic team player, down to earth, flexible but firm;
- Problem-solving orientation, organisational & prioritising skills;
- Comfortable working with other diverse cultures across the EMEA region
- Fluent in English and Dutch, good language abilities in two other European languages preferably French, German or Italian is considered as a plus
The opportunity provides a unique opportunity to take a step into the world of Fin-Tech.
Would you like to know more about the role of Head of Legal to be based in Amsterdam? Contact the legal recruitment consultant team of Robert Walters today!