Consultant Henjo van Niekerk
Datum 2 januari 2019 2019-01-022019-02-15 financial-services Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
We have been engaged by one of the worlds leading financial services providers that are looking for a Legal Counsel to take on a central role within their dynamic global organization.
As Legal Counsel you will provide high quality advisory support on a pro-active and pragmatic basis to our business teams in the Netherlands on mainly contract and corporate law related matters (e.g. contact negotiations and client termination). For this position it is essential that you have the drive to really understand the business. You have strong communication skills and a strong personality.
As Legal Counsel you will be pro-actively involved in knowledge development and educating the business teams on applicable laws and regulations. You create and maintain awareness by providing trainings on a regular basis and active involvement in our Traineeship.
You will become part of a legal team consisting of a Senior Legal Counsel and Junior Legal Counsel. You need to be available for at least 32 hours per week and you will be based in their Amsterdam office.
Key Responsibilities :
- Support the business by giving pro-active, professional and solution oriented legal support and advice;
- Development of legal documents inter alia relating to international contracts and corporate law;
- Act as a value added business partner;\Achieve within the business a thorough understanding of legal risks, regulations and obligations;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Knowledge development and creation of and maintain awareness of applicable laws and regulations by providing trainings on corporate and contract law related matters;
- Development of legal procedures and policies regarding business related matters;
- Assist Senior Legal Counsel with management of potential claims & proceedings;
- Assist other legal department team members with in-house corporate housekeeping and any other in-house related matters.
Qualifications and other requirements:
- Completed Master’s degree in Dutch Law (preferably notarial law, corporate law or civil law);
- 4-5 years’ experience as in-house counsel and/or at a law firm in an international environment;
- Experience within financial services or with a corporate service provider is a plus;
- In-depth knowledge of corporate and contract law;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both written and verbal;
- A strong personality, accurate, independent self-starting and pragmatic;
The opportunity provides a unique opportunity to take a step into the world of Financial Services.
Would you like to know more about the role of Legal Counsel to be based in Amsterdam? Contact the legal recruitment consultant team of Robert Walters today!