Legal Counsel Fintech / Payment Services
Salaris €70,000 - €95,000 per annum
Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 11 februari 2019 2019-02-112019-03-30 legal Haarlemmermeer North Holland NL EUR 70000 95000 95000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
Our client, a global company that provides online and mobile payment services supported by innovative technological platforms, is looking for a Legal Counsel to support the company's growth plans in their cross-border, global merchants and partnership business.
Our client provides online and mobile payment services supported by innovative technological platforms, high functionality, stable development and a wide and constantly extended offering.
Their broad range of payment solutions is available to consumers on ecommerce platforms as well as on third-party operated ecommerce platforms.
Our client, based in Haarlemmermeer (surroundings of Amsterdam) is regulated as a financial institution and holds licences by the national banks and local regulators. The company’s products include certified payment gateways, anti-fraud systems and an online Visa/MasterCard acquirer.
To support the company’s growth plans in their cross-border, global merchants and partnership business, Robert Walters is looking for a legal counsel with preferable a strong background in payments in ecommerce and/or finance. As a Legal Counsel you will provide legal and compliance support to colleagues and businesspartners globally.
- Responsible for the negotiation of global merchant, cross border and partnership initiatives;
- Creating template agreements used to commercialise the global merchant and cross border business;
- Advising and cooperating on cross border and global merchant transactions;
- Identifying legal issues and risks that may affect the business;
- Providing legal guidance relating to the formulation and implementation of strategies and policies.
Profile Legal Counsel
At least 4 years’ workingexperience as a Legal professional, preferably within an international lawfirm combined with inhouse experience;
- Proven trackrecord within international contracting;
- Experience in running complex and difficult legal negotiations;
Commitment to providing high quality legal support, service-minded attitude, able to build relationships with internal stakeholders and clients across different levels and disciplines;
Internationally-minded, open attitude, enthusiastic and pro-active, results-oriented;
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with performance-based culture;
- Comfortable and proficient working in a predominantly English language environment, high standard of written communication and drafting in English.
Extra skills/ advantages
Expertise in EU and/or international laws and regulations concerning payments products such as credit cards, debit cards, direct debit, e-Money, and alternative payment methods is a huge advantage;
Knowledge and interest in payment regulations (MC/Visa/AmEx) and general knowledge on PCI-DSS is considered an advantage.
If you want to know more about this challenging international position, contact the legal team at Robert Walters or apply now!