Legal Counsel Capital Markets
Consultant Eva Gravemaker
Datum 3 januari 2023noord-holland legal/banking-finance 2023-01-03 2023-03-04 legal Amsterdam North Holland NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Are you a Legal professional with experience in a structured finance environment? And do you want to work in a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company? Read further! For Intertrust we are looking for a Legal Counsel to join the Capital Markets Services team in Amsterdam!
Capital Markets Services is a specialized division of Intertrust, which offers management, trustee and administration services for a broad range of securitization and structured finance transactions. This service is run by a committed team of highly accomplished professionals, well known in the industry for their expertise and dedication. The team is committed to providing a personal and practical approach, dedicated to building long-term relationships with clients and business partners in the structured finance area.
Intertrust is the premier global business, legal, and financial services company providing knowledge-based solutions to clients worldwide. They have locations and capabilities in more than 140 jurisdictions in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East, with more than 7,500 employees. They are the business behind business®.
• Academic degree in Dutch Law or equivalent with relevant banking or structured finance experience;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a structured finance environment, e.g regulated (Dutch) financial institution, law firm or trust office;
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Strong commercial skills and business acumen;
• A team player with a positive critical and pro-active attitude, a strong personality and a “hands-on” mentality;
• Able to work independently and accurately with effective communication skills;
• Helicopter view;
• Excellent English and Dutch language skills (both oral and written).
We are seeking for a capable, experienced candidate who is self-motivated, energetic, and enjoys joining our Capital Markets Services team in Amsterdam. You enjoy keeping busy and being challenged, taking on new projects, working with a team and developing relationships. Sound judgment, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and being a good representative to internal and external contacts are all a must.
As a Company Lawyer you are responsible for a portfolio of companies during their lifetime. Keeping the companies in good standing is one part of the job. The ongoing compliance inquiries and safeguarding the position of Intertrust is an important aspect as well. Maintain client contact, review legal documentation for new transactions/ amendment of existing transactions is another aspect.
As a Company Lawyer you play a key role between clients, advisors and other relevant parties and show ownership of Intertrust’s responsibilities in keeping the companies in good standing. Your responsibilities include:
• Acting as the first point of contact for your portfolio of companies for clients, shareholders and other relevant parties and advisors;
• The internal KYC/compliance reviews/inquiries including transaction monitoring and internal coordination;
• Supporting amendments/ setting up of new transactions of/within client companies/structures;
• Ensuring proper legal and financial records are maintained in relation to all client companies/structures;
• Supporting the relevant Account Management teams with advice on financial and legal issues and queries;
• Responsible for the transfer of knowledge to (junior) members of the team;
• Keeping up with market developments and proactively advising management.
What they offer you:
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.