Senior Legal Counsel
Salaris €7,500 - €9,600 per month
Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 8 juni 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
For Juniper Networks, Robert Walters is asked to recruit an experienced and engaging Senior Corporate and Commercial Counsel with good judgment and EQ to join its EMEA Legal team. This role will report to the Associate General Counsel and Senior Director for EMEA Legal in Amsterdam.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world's largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision - Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
Senior Legal Counsel
Juniper Networks seeks an experienced and engaging senior corporate commercial counsel with good judgment and EQ to join its EMEA Legal team. This role will report to the Associate General Counsel and Senior Director for EMEA Legal in Amsterdam. This position will preferably be located on Schiphol- Rijk, near Amsterdam.
You will partner with the EMEA Sales team across the EMEA region as a trusted advisor driving best-in-class negotiations and providing legal support across the business on a variety of legal, complex sales, corporate commercial transactions, strategic, operational and governance matters for Juniper Networks’ activities in the EMEA region. You work in a team of 5 attorneys supporting the EMEA region and will be an integrated member of Juniper’s global legal team. You are able to do “hands-on” international legal work in a fast paced and growing tech business.
The Senior Legal Counsel has the following skillset:
- Law degree from an accredited law school. Preferably completed training with a recognized international law firm.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken); fluency in Italian, Polish, Russian, Arabic, or other local languages strongly preferred.
- Over 7 years’ post qualification experience in handling complex sales transactions, corporate governance and people management, preferably gained from a combination of experience with large, international technology companies and/or major law firm.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills across all levels of the organization.
- Good working knowledge of U.S. culture and business practices as well as being comfortable working with other diverse cultures across the EMEA region.
- To be successful within the organization, the candidate must embrace the core values of the organization and quickly establish him/herself as a team player who is both flexible, creative and intellectually nimble.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations tactfully yet firmly, to be assertive without being adversarial and to take unpopular positions when necessary while maintaining trust and credibility.
- Is prepared when needed to give advice that is urgent and needed with great speed. Loves to work and advise in ambiguous and fast-paced situations.
- Focuses on how to get things done and finding solutions. Brings the attitude of a business enabler rather than a block to business.
- Consistently anticipate, guard against, provide timely evaluation and guidance of, and propose mitigation strategies for and advise management of potential risks in contractual, regulatory, revenue recognition, compliance, financial and legal areas.
- Experience with revenue recognition and other accounting issues that arise in commercial transactions with large software or telecom companies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in all interactions with senior management, corporate departments and all levels of employees.
- Possess business acumen, with ability to understand the company's business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings
The position will be based at the Juniper Networks EMEA HQ in Amsterdam.
Travel: Regular business travel across the region and to the U.S. will be required.
No relocation is provided for this position.
Want to know more about this challenging position? Contact us or apply now!