Senior Legal Counsel Oil and Gas to be based in Kuwait
Salaris €140,000 - €160,000 per yearFULL_TIME
Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 24 oktober 2018 2018-10-242018-12-16 legal Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam
Interested in a challenging career and inspring life in the Middle East? For a global player in the Oil and Gas Industry, Robert Walters is asked to recruit talented Legal professionals to join their office in Kuwait.
Our client refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Its main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East and is one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Their mission is to develop products that will exceed the highest performance requirements, whilst fulfilling their customers every need and meeting their responsibility to protect the environment.
Currently, 15 professional Legal Counsels are working across the globe for our client.
Because of the growth and success of our client, Robert Walters is recruiting for Senior Legal Counsels to be based in Kuwait.
The responsibilities of a Senior Legal Counsel are:
- Manage multibillion dollar projects in the Oil and Gas Industry;
- Act as a Legal Project manager on several Joint Ventures;
- Coordinating legal professionals across several jurisdictions;
- Advise on transactions focused in the energy sector;
- Advise on a combination of upstream and downstream transactions;
- General compliance advisory and corporate governance.
The ideal candidate for the position of Senior Legal Counsel Oil and Gas, to be based in Kuwait, has;
- At least 10 Years of working experience as a Legal professional;
- Obtained a Master degree (or LLM) at a European University;
- A strong knowledge of common law;
- At least 8 years experience in the banking sector advising on project finance matters;
- Experience working (in house or clients in ) the energy/oil and gas industry;
- Experience managing multi billion dollar projects;
- Exceptional drafting and transaction skills;
- Ideally experience working in the Middle East.
Our client offers an interesting compensation and benefit package and relocation to the Middle East (Kuwait).
If you want to know more about this challenging position, please apply now or contact the Legal team of Robert Walters.