Consultant Henjo van Niekerk
Datum 29 oktober 2018 2018-10-292018-12-28 legal Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
We have been engaged by one of the world’s leading industrial technology developer. Their focus is on R&D, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales and Distribution of products and services. They are looking for an experienced legal Counsel to join their EMEA Head Quarters Legal team in Hoofddorp.
They are looking for a proactive, results-driven and experienced legal counsel to expand their legal team in the Netherlands that consists of a European Legal Counsel, 3 Legal Counsels, a Junior Legal Counsel, a Paralegal, an Intellectual Property Specialist and a Head of Risk.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will work in an international and multi-jurisdictional environment, reporting to the European Legal Counsel. You will provide internal clients with advisory support on a wide variety of (transactional) legal issues in the EMEA region. This position involves an active role in reviewing a broad range of business proposals, contracts, and provision of general legal advice relating to the business activities of the organisation and its operations.
As you will be the main Legal point of contact for the Industrial Automation Business company, you should have an affinity with or interest in new technology IOT, AI, data and R&D as you will be working on many technology related contracts.
To enhance awareness of colleagues concerning (new) GDPR and internal policies and procedures, you will also spend a part of your time on GDPR related matters to support the business.
The legal counsel will have the accountability to lead specific projects in for example setting new terms & conditions for one of our newer business & services functions.
To become successful in your role, it is crucial that you build productive relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- University Degree in Dutch law,
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience gained in an international environment either at a reputable law firm and / or as in-house legal counsel at another multinational,
- Experience in relevant industries is a plus;
- Corporate / commercial law background and a business attitude;
- Experience in a technology-driven and an international environment;
- Experience with Labour law & GDPR is a plus;
- Enthusiastic team player, down to earth, flexible but firm;
- Problem-solving orientation, organisational & prioritising skills;
- Comfortable working with other diverse cultures across the EMEA region
- Being a real business partner/business enabler;
- Being able to communicate with all levels of the organisation;
- Fluent in English and Dutch, good language abilities in two other European languages preferably French, German or Italian is considered as a plus
- The opportunity provides a unique opportunity to take a step into the world of fast moving consumer goods.
Would you like to know more about the role of Legal Counsel to be based in Hoofddorp? Contact the legal recruitment consultant team of Robert Walters today!