Corporate and Commercial Paralegal
Consultant Henjo van Niekerk
Datum 14 januari 2019 2019-01-142019-03-15 fmcg Leiden South Holland NL EUR 45000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
We have been engaged by the world leader in the manufacturing and development of pressure-sensitive adhesive materials, apparel branding labels and tags, RFID inlays, and speciality medical products. The legal team are looking for an experienced Paralegal to join their team to be based in Oegstgeest close to Schiphol Airport.
In this role you will act as the right hand and support to the Head of Legal for the Labels and Graphic Materials Business for EMEA. You will be relied upon to provide an advanced level of support on legal matters and are expected to contribute to maintaining the highest of level of Quality standard of the Legal Departments deliverable's. This position encompasses a variety of tasks and responsibilities and requires perseverance, commitment and self-initiative.
- Handle claims including review of documents, liability assessment, drafting letters to external parties.
- Review and/or draft different type of agreement such as but not limited to non confidentiality agreements, general sales and purchase conditions and agreements for the purchase and/or sale of goods/services as well as amendments thereof.
- Work closely with external lawyers and follow the litigation process and ensure that the litigation report is up to date and consistent with entries in the internal system E-Counsel and Schedule , arrange response to queries from external auditor and external lawyers.
- Responsible for the Contract Intake Process, and the third party screening process of suppliers and customers in MK Denial and Navex Global.
- Gather all the relevant legal information to enable the legal counsels to review the legal matter.
- Responsible for the legal review of marketing materials.
- Responsible for the legal administrative and systems organisation of the Law Department (internal allocations, E-counsel invoicing, tracking, approval, payments, budget/AOP process, fee arrangements, maintenance of templates in Contract Toolkit, document filing, etc.).
- Handle various legal questions from a variety of functions.
- Work closely with the Law Department members in Europe and global and the external corporate secretarial provider on corporate administrative matters in connection with –for all legal entities in Europe - the approval process of annual accounts, changes in the board of directors, change of corporate office address, etc.
- Providing training to business clients on contract intake, NDA process and review rebate agreements.
- Responsible for keeping the departmental training tracker complete and up to date.
- Manage translations of a variety of documents for the business units and for the Law Department.
- Liaise with the IT help-desk for any hardware and software related matters involving members of the law Department.
- Responsible for the coordination of legalisation and authentication of documents with foreign consulates.
- Higher education degree (Bachelors or LLM) in law.
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a similar job, preferably a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Excellent organisational and communicative skills (spoken as well as written).
- Excellent command of English (spoken as well as written).
- Good command of at least one other European language (spoken as well as written).
- Energetic, pro-actively takes on tasks and proposes efficiency improvements in the Law Department.
- Highest standard of integrity, ethics and loyalty.
- Excellent computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes as well as Bridgeway; Ability to reformat a Word document to a high level of perfection and professionalism.
- Ideally exposure to Document Management Systems.
- Able to prioritise, to perform under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Consistent eye for detail and sets high standards for all work output.
- Able to keep all matters handled and information received in the strictest confidence.
The opportunity provides an unique opportunity to take a step into the world of Fast Moving Consumer Goods.
Would you like to know more about the role of Paralegal to be based in Oestgeest? Contact the legal recruitment consultant team of Robert Walters today!