Sole Legal Counsel Charity
Salaris €80,000 - €100,000 per annum
Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 11 februari 2019 2019-02-112019-03-30 legal Leiden South Holland NL 2312AJ EUR 80000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
Do you want to work as a Sole Legal Counsel in a dynamic working environment amongst co-workers from different nationalities in a dynamic field of philanthropy? For our client, a global charity company based in Leiden, Robert Walters is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Legal Counsel, working as a trusted and dedicated partner for many grant making portfolios.
As the Sole Legal Counsel Charity, you will work independently as part of a small but enthusiastic team of people with different nationalities who are committed to making a difference. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The position is 38 hours (fulltime), based in Leiden.
Main tasks & responsibilities
• Drafting and negotiating complex grant agreements with grant receiving Partners;
• Creating and updating of template grant agreements and terms and conditions;
• Answering day to day legal questions of the members of the Leadership and communication team;
• Responsible for managing and mitigating legal risks;
• Responsible for compliance with GDPR and other laws that apply to the charity organization;
• Instructing and working with outside legal counsels.
Do you have
• A Master’s degree in Dutch Private Law;
• At least 7 years of experience working in law, preferably trained as a Dutch qualified
lawyer, at an international law firm, or at a foundation/ charity organization;
• Excellent drafting and negotiating skills for international contracts;
• Excellent analytical skills enabling you to identify and explain potential
bottlenecks in complex international agreements;
• Excellent command of (legal) English and communications skills, including legal
writing, Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Excellent, flexible and responsible planning skills;
• Experience in working in an international company or abroad is a huge advantage.
• Purpose driven and passionate about a career in the social and environmental
• Able to work independently and prioritize while maintaining a good working
relationship with colleagues and business partners;
• An independent and responsible problem-solver;
• Curious, initiative-rich, decisive, result oriented and a team player;
• Down to earth, humble and motivated to help others and make a positive difference for the unprivileged;
• Have excellent communications and analytical skills and are able to explain
complex legal topics to laymen;
• Are flexible and able to understand the needs of a Dutch foundation with an
Our clients offers a dynamic working environment amongst co-workers from different
nationalities in a dynamic field of philanthropy. Amongst these nationalities we share a single culture and set of values. You will be able to contribute to constantly improving the grant making experience. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to work with innovative solutions and you will be challenged to come up with ideas for improvements in all areas.
For more information, contact the Robert Walters Legal team or apply now!
A pre-employment screening as well as an online assessment will be part of the