Consultant Henjo van Niekerk
Datum 16 april 20192019-04-18 2019-06-15 fmcg Leiden South Holland NL EUR 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
We have been engaged by the world leader in the manufacturing and development of pressure-sensitive adhesive materials, apparel branding labels and tags, RFID inlays, and speciality medical products. The legal team are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to join their team to be based in Oegstgeest close to Schiphol Airport.
The Legal Counsel will provides and manages a full range of legal services to commercial and operations functions throughout Western and Eastern Europe, Middle East, and portions of Africa. The successful candidate will be able to handle a wide range of legal work, including day-to-day legal matters and legal projects, will have a practical business-oriented approach, and will be highly collaborative and a strong values and ethics leader.
Reports to the Senior Group Counsel who leads the legal team for EMEA, which also includes one paralegal, an administrative assistant and a corporate secretarial assistant.
Provide high quality legal services in a wide range of areas including: corporate, commercial contracts, regulatory compliance, labor/employment, real estate, import/export matters, and legal matters associated with business transactions and restructurings;
Draft agreements including distribution, sales, procurement, lease, agency, and information technology agreements, as well as support for development, license and confidentiality agreements;Litigation services include advice and strategy regarding potential and pending litigation, selecting and managing outside counsel and the course of the litigation, and resolving litigation through trial or settlements via outside counsel;Managing product-related claims, including assessing legal status, regulatory issues, insurance, and similar topics;
Have regular interaction with business clients to understand objectives, goals and strategies to gain knowledge for providing business-oriented legal advice;
Able to plan and carry-out (sensitive) internal investigations;
Effectively train non-lawyers about compliance with laws and policies;
- Provide training and support to paralegal and administrative staff;
What we will be looking for in you:
- Qualified lawyer with at least 3 years of experience and member of the German, Dutch or French Bar. Law firm and/or in-house experience is preferred (especially with a multi-national firm);
- Highest standard of integrity, ethics and loyalty Commercial contract and corporate law experience is required; litigation and M&A experience is a significant plus;
- Knowledge in German or French commercial law is a plus;
- Knowledge of German and/or French language is a plus;
- Pragmatic, independent, pro-active, and collaborative, able to handle multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment;
- Strong communication skills and international mindset;
- Fluent in English both written and spoken is required. Knowledge of a second
- European language is preferred;
- Team player, and highly collaborative;
- The position calls for occasional travel mainly throughout EMEA (approximately 10%).
The opportunity provides an unique opportunity to take a step into the world of Fast Moving Consumer Goods.
Would you like to know more about the role of Legal Counsel to be based in Oestgeest? Contact the legal recruitment consultant team of Robert Walters today!