Legal Counsel Offshore/ Maritime
Salaris €60,000 - €80,000 per year
Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 4 november 20192019-11-04 2020-01-03 legal Rotterdam South Holland NL EUR 60000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you an experienced Legal professional in the offshore/ maritime industry? Are you up for a challenge? For one of the global market leaders in the shipbuilding industry in the Rotterdam area Robert Walters is looking for a Legal Counsel to strengthen their Legal team!
Our client is globally known for the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities. Besides that, they are an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. Their clients are prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments.
Working as a Legal Counsel Offshore/ Maitime, you will be handling a broad range of legal activities on international projects, focussed on international offshore shipbuilding and equipment.
These projects are technologically innovative and ambitious. As a Legal Counsel it is your responsibility to translate the business case, responsibilities and limitations in a contract with the customer. You will be involved in various projects such as shipbuilding, vessel conversions, equipment sales and business development from tender phase up to and including execution.
As a legal business partner you contribute to the proposal team to ensure that a proper contract is drafted and negotiated which can be executed, within budget and on time, for the mutual benefit of customers and the company.
You will be Legal Counsel Offshore/ Maritime based in one of the offices in the Rotterdam area.
As a Legal counsel, your responsibilities will include the following:
• Providing legal advice and support to the business in respect of commercial contracts (tenders, offers and negotiations;
• Advising the executive directors on the content and risk(s) of the contract;
• Providing tangible and hands-on legal advice on matters specific to the business;
• Teaming up with the other legal counsels, payment and securities, customer finance, treasury, tax and contract management to achieve the best result in contracts and projects;
• Promoting cross-functional and international collaboration;
• Proactively inform and assist the sales team and project team on risk, opportunities and points of attention;
• Formalise amendments and changes to the relevant contracts;
• Prepare a file and draft letters with respect to certain (disputed) topics.
The Legal Counsel we are looking for has the following experience and skills:
• Strong analytical and communication skills across all levels of seniority within the business;
• A flexible and result orientated approach and the ability to influence others without losing focus on the end result and commercial relations;
• A team player approach and ability to take responsibility for your task within the team;
• An eye for detail and a high level of accuracy;
• The flexibility to travel internationally;
• A university degree (master) in (preferably English or Dutch) contract or construction law, with a keen interest in engineering, offshore and marine products;
• At least three years’ working experience at a reputable law firm or in-house working experience in the field of shipbuilding, EPC and/or construction contracts (a combination of both is an advantage);
• An excellent command of English, both written and verbal; Same skills in Dutch is an advantage;
• Fulltime available (minimum of 0,8FTE) and living in the Rotterdam area.
As a Legal Counsel you will be offered a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition you can expect a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you the Legal Counsel Offshore/ Maritime that we are looking for? Apply now or contact the Legal team at Robert Walters for more information.