Data Protection Manager
Locatie North HollandFULL_TIME
Consultant Henjo van Niekerk
Datum 4 november 20192019-11-04 2020-01-03 legal amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 60000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We have been exclusively engaged by a leading global Fortune 500 company,leader in risk management products. Due to the companies european expansion we are looking for Data Protection Manager head-up the design and implementation of the companies Privacy and Data Protection framework within Europe. Interested in this exciting role? Please read on!
The Data Protection Manager ("DPM") is responsible for supporting, maintaining and further implementing the Company Privacy & Data Protection Program within Europe, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and applicable European data protection laws.
The DPM will serve as a subject matter expert on European data protection topics, design and implement policies and procedures, monitor and report on privacy and data protection issues and investigate potential data incidents.
Support the development, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s Global Privacy and Data Protection framework, policies, procedures, and governance model by providing subject matter expertise, knowledge of the company and strong project management skills.
Serve as a subject matter resource and initial point of contact.
Educate, inform and training Privacy Champions.
Manage the resolution of issues that have been escalated to the Privacy Office, such as operational issues related to data subject right requests.
Provide advice and support to enable European business areas to achieve goals and strategies while meeting privacy compliance requirements.
Manage the collection of privacy metrics and prepare reporting for the International Privacy Officer and Global Privacy Officer & DPO to present to senior management and all lines of business on privacy and data protection issues.
Liaise with the lines of business in the investigation and management of potential breaches/instances of non-compliance to support prompt and accurate reporting as necessary.
In coordination with Training, develop and deliver privacy communications and training.
Assist in reviewing data flows and developing Data Protection Impact Assessments.
Monitor compliance with applicable data protection regulations and Company policies and procedures.
Support record-keeping activities required by GDPR and/or corporate policy.
Ability to translate applicable privacy requirements into business requirements and controls.
Participate in external and internal audits, as assigned.
- Other projects, as assigned.
- Master Degree in Law and 5 years minimum of privacy work experience. IAPP certification(CIPP/EU, CIPM, CIPT) is a pre.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Strong experience implementing privacy and data protection programs.
- Strong understanding of privacy program management and European privacy laws and regulations (such as GDPR), as well as any implementing rules, codes and guidance.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, including ability to lead multiple work streams in a resource-constrained environment.
- Demonstrated ability of applying privacy requirements to practical use cases beyond policy formulation and compliance.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop excellent professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., Supervisory Authorities).
- Ability to draft, implement and maintain internal and external privacy notices, policies, procedures and other guidance documents.
- Proficient in MS suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Fluent in Dutch and English. French is a plus.
If you would like to work in a dynamic international environment with motivated and highly educated people and you fit the described profile, apply now or contact the Legal Team at Robert Walters today!