Legal Counsel EMEA
Salaris Very attractive comp & ben package
Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 22 juni 2022noord-holland legal/commercial-law 2022-06-22 2022-08-21 legal Hoofddorp North Holland Taurusavenue NL 2132 LS www.iptiq.com iptiQ https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/iptiq.gif
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity within a Start-Up? We are looking for a VP Legal to join a highly motivated, multi-jurisdictional legal team! Do you want to fulfil your position with high energy and self-confidence as well as pragmatism and curiosity? Continue reading, we might be looking for you!
iptiQ is a risk tech start-up within Swiss Re Group. Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. They anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
iptiQ provides digital, bespoke and transparent L&H and P&C protection products in a B2B2C manner. Founded in 2014, they are transforming the way consumers buy insurance with a unique digital insurance engine which incorporates the latest technology with world-class underwriting capabilities. They build strong partnerships to sell insurance via trusted brands. iptiQ offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive.
About the iptiQ Legal Team
iptiQ has build a multi-jurisdictional team composed of 20 legal professionals based in Asia Pacific, Europe and the US, and they continue to grow as their our business expands. Being organized in 4 sub-teams, iptiQ EMEA legal team is one of them. Their team spirit is based on trust, ease of interaction and fun! iptiQ values continuous development and new opportunities.
Legal Counsel EMEA
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a highly motivated, multi-jurisdictional legal team! This role is a mid-level position (Vice President), which demands high energy and self-confidence as well as pragmatism and curiosity. It offers the rare opportunity to grow and learn in a creative and growing business seeking to disrupt the traditional insurance space.
As strategic partner to the various Sales and Branch Managers located in different European jurisdictions and to the iptiQ EMEA team, you will actively participate in the development, launch and maintenance of new life and non-life insurance products (and have the ability to apply insurance regulatory requirements to new and creative insurance benefits or features).
Key responsibilities Legal Counsel EMEA
- Provide legal and regulatory advice concerning insurance products in development, underwriting, administration and claims whilst navigating ambiguity in a fast paced environment
- Advise on insurance distribution channels including licensing, advertising, marketing and sales for predominantly the Dutch but also other European markets
- Draft and negotiate insurance related agreements (NDA, MOU, Distribution Agreements, Co-operation Agreements, Joint Ventures, Outsourcing Agreements)
- Facilitate on-boarding of new iptiQ distribution partners managing existing relationships (product enhancements)
- Craft forms, contracts, and processes to build and ensure a legally sound and scalable business that can fulfil its mission and purpose
- Assist with regulatory issues related to acquisitions, joint ventures and the establishment of new licensed businesses
- Collaborate with other members of the Swiss Re legal team regarding disputes, corporate organization, employment and intellectual property matters
- Support the internal governance processes to ensure that legal risks are promptly addressed, communicated and mitigated
- Engage and manage external legal counsel with a strong commercial mind set
In this position, you will report to the Head Legal iptiQ EMEA. You will be based in Hoofddorp.
Profile Legal Counsel EMEA
- You are a qualified lawyer with 5+ years PQE in the insurance space and you developed your expertise in a global insurance organization and/or a specialised law firm. Preferably, you are a professional in protection products and associated lines of business.
- You demonstrate confidence in leading and managing projects and complex assignments, including new or innovative structures or products.
- You have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills and command of Dutch and English written and verbal communications.
- You are self motivated and rely on your ability to drive matters independently while balancing the need to collaborate and maintain an appropriate level of communication and coordination with the rest your peers in an empowered environment.
- You demonstrate accountability, resilience when facing challenges and you are fully reliable, responsive and display a high level of energy.
- You are recognised, by clients for the pragmatic advice you provide, your sense of urgency and commercial mindset and by colleagues, for being an excellent teammate, always happy to assist others, collaborating and fully transparent, and for your good sense of humour.
- You have experience to navigate in large international organisations.
iptiQ is an equal opportunity employer, and they value diversity at their company.Their aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences – at all levels and in all functions and regions. iptiQ also collaborates in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.
Do you want to know more about this challenging new (!) position? Apply now or contact the Robert Walters legal team for more information!
Neem contact op
+31 (0) 20 644 4655
Salaris: Attractive packageLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 11 mei 2022Up for a challenge? Are you a legal professional and do you want to have a global role in Corporate Finance and M&A? We are looking for a highly motivated and business driven Senior Legal Counsel - Finance and M&A to join SABIC’s legal team to support the company’s global finance and M&A projects.
Salaris: attractive packageLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 16 juni 2022Voor ING Bank zijn wij op zoek naar een enthousiaste en pragmatische Senior Legal Counsel Payments voor het Legal WB Team Payments & Cash Management. Wij zoeken iemand die vooruit weet te denken, zelfstandig kan werken en corporate cliënten helpt om een stap voor te blijven.
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 22 juni 2022For Catawiki,a large and fast-growing curated platform for buying & selling, we are looking for a Legal Manager to join the Central Commercial Legal team. If you’re an enthusiastic hands on problem solver looking to have the opportunity to make an impact, with a passion for e-commerce and tech; and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and dynamic international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Amsterdam!
Salaris: Attractive packageLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 13 juni 2022For a large and fast-growing curated platform for buying & selling we are looking for a Legal Manager to join the Central Commercial Legal team. If you’re an enthusiastic hands on problem solver looking to have the opportunity to make an impact, with a passion for e-commerce and tech; and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and dynamic international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Amsterdam!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 18 mei 2022Up for a challenge? For a mid-sized European bank established in the heart of Amsterdam we are looking for a pro-active and independent Senior Legal Counsel experienced in Finance law.