Senior Legal Counsel
Salaris Attractive package
Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 9 augustus 2022limburg legal/commercial-law 2022-08-09 2022-10-08 legal Venlo Limburg Spikweien NL 5943AD Sulzer www.sulzer.com https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/Sulzerlogo.gif
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. Join their story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make lives safer, smarter and more sustainable. Join the Legal team at Sulzer. We are looking for a commercial Senior Legal Counsel to be based in Venlo (Netherlands), Bruchsal (Germany) or work flexible from home and these locations.
Will you join the Legal Team from Sulzer to take legal, compliance and risk management to the next level?
In this role of Senior Legal Counsel you will be accountable for the management of both pre and post-contract legal/commercial requirements of projects to identify and minimise risk.
Tasks and responsibilities Senior Legal Counsel
- Taking care of legal, contract and trade compliance matters within assigned legal entities ‘s business and national as well as international clients;
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts for Turbo Services Venlo and other legal entities within the Sulzer Group, in line with Sulzer contract risk rules and regulations;
- Responsible for assistance with day-to-day commercial matters, both project and non-project related including negotiation of Bank Guarantees and Letters of Credit;
- Provision of general advice and assistance to local project managers and assisting with interpretation and application of terms and conditions, especially those regarding payment;
- Familiar with the risks and hazards within the activities and processes of Turbo Services business, capable to perform risk assessments within Sulzer’s defined risk management processes;
- Ensure that all company law requirements are fulfilled;
- Support the Group Function in all contractual and other legal matters and any other tasks that are assigned by the line manager;
- Manage the defense of claims against the company and any Sulzer businesses as well as the enforcement of claims by Sulzer against others;
- Support the implementation and observance of all Sulzer policies and directives.
Your experience and skills
- Legal qualification or sufficient comparable qualifying work experience;
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in similar role in oil & gas, power generation or other industrial setting;
- Strong knowledge on international commercial law essential, Dutch Company law is an advantage;
- Fluency in English and German (spoken and written), Dutch is an advantage;
- Proactive attitude, service minded and business oriented as well as problem solving skills, hands-on approach;
- Communication, presentation and negotiation skills in a multi-cultural and cross-functional environment;
- Ability to work autonomously and in a matrix organization;
- Capability to work under time constraints;
- Willing to travel occasionally (approx. 15%) including our legal entities in Germany, the Netherlands or Poland.
Sulzer offers you
- Flexible working hours (35-hours week) including opportunity to work from home office in particular;
- Special payments such as holiday and Christmas bonuses;
- Safe working environment and at the same time international prospects within the multinational group of companies;
- Support for your individual development by means of targeted further training measures;
- Working life accounts with attractive enterprise promotion;
- Company pension as well as opportunity to make additional contributions out of the gross salary to a MetallRente;
- Supplementary helath insurance subsidized by the company;
- Attractive infrastructure and other company services.
Are you the Senior Legal Counsel we are looking for? Contact the Legal team at Robert Walters or apply now!
Neem contact op
+31 (0) 20 644 4655