Legal Counsel M&A - Nordics
Consultant Floortje Janssen
Datum 23 januari 2023utrecht legal/commercial-law 2023-01-23 2023-03-24 it Utrecht Utrecht NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Do you have a background in Corporate M&A and are you a Swedish, Finnish or Danish speaking qualified lawyer? For Total Specific Solutions (TSS) I am looking for a Legal Counsel M&A to become responsible for all legal aspects of the M&A transactions in the Nordics.
Total Specific Solutions
Total Specific Solutions (TSS) is a Pan-European Vertical Market Software (VMS) group that consists of over 120 independent business units that deliver software products and services to their specific market segments.
The objective at TSS is to acquire, own and operate dominant players in local, complex, and knowledge-intensive software verticals (both public and private). To build a leading and enduring Vertical Market Software company, they have to provide their customers with solutions that let their business thrive, today and in the future.
TSS (approx. 4,700 employees) has a very strong position in the Netherlands but is growing rapidly internationally through acquisitions. Over the last six years TSS has completed over 100 acquisitions of established players in existing and new markets across Europe. TSS is able to add substantial value to these acquired companies. With its 'best practices' TSS is able to help these companies to professionalize. In this way results can be improved significantly.
The ambition of TSS to grow nationally and internationally has led to the formation of local M&A teams in the past three years. Although other CSI operating groups also have shareholdings in Europe, TSS is considered to be the platform for the European ambition of CSI. As part of its international M&A ambition TSS aims to further expand its M&A presence in several European markets, including DACH, the Nordic countries as well as CEE.
Therefore, TSS is looking for an entrepreneurial individual who will join the TSS legal team as Legal Counsel M&A in order to oversee the M&A transactions and businesses in the Nordics (i.e. Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, and Iceland)
As Legal Counsel M&A you will:
• function as the project leader for the legal stream, working closely with the international M&A team and local M&A Managers to pursue acquisitions in the Nordics and across Europe
• be responsible for all legal aspects of M&A transactions. This includes, amongst others, coordination of due diligence processes, performing legal due diligence, drafting, and commenting on transaction documents, leading negotiations until signing and closing, managing post-closing matters related to a transaction as well as handling integration aspects
• be the first point of contact for legal matters of the business units in the Nordics. This could entail reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements, supporting with legal advice for different internal projects or advising on disputes
• report to the Head of Legal based between Germany and The Netherlands while being part of the European legal team with colleagues across Europe, whose support and know-how you can rely on
• Qualified lawyer in either one of the following countries: Sweden, Finland, Denmark, or Netherlands
• 3+ years work experience as a lawyer in a corporate/M&A-position at a law firm, possibly in combination with a role as a company lawyer/legal counsel
• Fluent in Swedish, Finish or Danish, an additional Nordic language is a plus
• Excellent communication skills (in word and writing) in English, which is TSS working language
• Thorough knowledge of and extensive experience in running/overseeing M&A transactions independently
• Experienced in commercial contracting
• Knowledge of the IT industry is a pre, but not a requirement
• Proactive, entrepreneurial attitude, hands-on mentality, ambitious
• Strong analytical skills that allow you to quickly understand and implement legal issues in a pragmatic and simple way
• Strong commercial awareness with “can-do” mindset
• Excellent verbal and written skills, with a great ability to communicate and influence business personnel at all levels and provide advice in a concise way for non-legal stakeholders
• Very strong negotiator with a constructive and solution-oriented approach
• Able to work in an international, dynamic, high pace and project-based business environment
• A diverse, broad, and independent corporate legal role which you can shape and develop further
• At an international group with a very ambitious and continuous growth strategy
• A great degree of freedom, including the option of working remote
• Attractive employment package
• Pleasant and informal working atmosphere with a diverse, fun, and cross-cultural team from every corner of Europe.
Salaris: Zeer aantrekkelijke arbeidsvoorwaardenLocatie: UtrechtDatum online: 20 januari 2023Voel jij je oprecht betrokken bij cliënten en collega's ? Heb jij plezier in het beoefenen van het advocaten-ambt? Voor Wijn en Stael Advocaten in Utrecht zijn wij op zoek naar een buitengewoon talent op het gebeid van Omgevingsrecht en Milieurecht.