Senior Legal Counsel
Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 30 september 2016
For our client, a new Corporate Headquarters to be based in Amsterdam, Robert Walters is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel.
The company seeks an experienced Senior Legal Counsel with sound judgment and ability to analyse complex matters with multiple stakeholders and a high degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility - who is responsible for effective and efficient management of the Corporate legal function, provision of legal advice to the Company’s management board and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
Monitoring and management of legal risks:
- Provide accurate and timely counsel to the Management board on agreements, contracts and other legal documents for a variety of legal topics (company law, corporate governance, M&A, corporate law);
- Provide legal support on a broad range of corporate and operational matters, including corporate structuring and investments;
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies to ensure compliance with all statutory and legal requirements;
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure whether legal risks have been identified within the company, appropriate courses of action have been taken from a Dutch legal context;
- Working closely together with other departments within the company like Tax, Treasury, New Investments and Corporate Finance.
- Policy development:
- Advise the Management on legal implications with respect to development of corporate governance policies;
- Review and advise the Management on legal implications of alignment of internal policies and procedures.
- Manage and negotiate significant agreements and projects with external parties (regulators, external counsels and advisers, public authority etc.);
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations (e.g. tender documentation) from a Dutch legal perspective.
- Fulfil the monitoring role of compliance officer;
- Formulate compliance check-lists for our client to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required in the Netherlands is provided;
- Continuously monitor compliance with Dutch statutory obligations and advise the Management accordingly.
- The ideal candidate has at least 8 (eight) years of proven experience as a Legal professional in a corporate business environment and excellent knowledge and understanding of Dutch corporate law and procedures;
- Knowledge of and experience with international commercial law and experience with M&A and compliance;
- Experience in working within an Investment Company or Corporate Headquarters in Finance is an important advantage;
- The candidate has full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation and a high degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility;
- The candidate is able to provide independent advice to senior level management on highly technical matters and has sound judgment and ability to analyse complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces, being adapt to working in an international business environment with different cultural backgrounds and languages;
- The candidate can work both independently and as part of a team;
- The candidate has attention to detail, outstanding managerial and excellent proven communication skills, both in writing and verbally;
- The candidate excellently commands the English and Dutch language (both spoken and written).
If you are interested to know more about this challenging position, apply online or contact Joyce Toeset.