Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 26 januari 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for ensuring the Dutch companies and its Directors act in compliance with Dutch Law and keep Dutch companies in good legal standing. Act as a Director on the board of a wide variety of Dutch companies. Ensuring all corporate secretarial services are performed timely and qualitatively. The Legal Counsel will report to the General Manager.
Scatec Solar is an integrated independent solar power producer, delivering affordable, rapidly deployable and sustainable source of clean energy worldwide. A long term player, Scatec Solar develops, builds, owns, operates and maintains solar power plants, and already has an installation track record of close to 600 MW.
The company is producing electricity from 322 MW of solar power plants in the Czech Republic, South Africa, Rwanda, Honduras and Jordan. With an established global presence, the company is growing briskly with a project backlog and pipeline of more than 1.8 GW under development in the Americas, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Scatec Solar is headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Responsibilities Legal Counsel
- Directorship Presence during board meetings, Act in the best interest of the Company, Ad-hoc decision taking, practical and quick-thinker, Assess Dutch Law and Director’s liability in all undertakings as a Director and advise co-Directors accordingly, Ability to defend your view and verbally and in writing share your arguments if requests from the organization or 3rd parties harm the compliance of the Dutch platform
- Corporate secretarial duties Prepare board materials/ invites, Prepare board meeting minutes, Ensure proper and timely filings of financial statements, AGM’s are timely held, Arrange for/review of legal opinions/PoA’s, Monitor transactions in accordance with Dutch Law, Keep the Dutch companies in good legal standing
- Closings/ major transactions Review transaction documents from a Director’s liability point of view and from a Dutch Law perspective
- Relationships Build strong relationships with Scatec Solar Legal team, External Dutch counsel, local counsel as well as legal counter-parts and Directors from JV partners, co-investors and other stakeholders
Qualifications Legal Counsel
- Master degree in Law
- Minimal of 4 years of experience within the corporate service industry or as a corporate/transaction lawyer/ candidate-notary
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch corporate Law and compliance procedures, Excellent communication skills,
- Dedicated and someone who takes “ownership” to tasks and responsibilities, flexible, adaptable and solution-oriented,
- Driven, always looking for ways to improve and having high aspirations for own work,
- Social and intercultural competence, able to coordinate and communicate with external parties and to manage work of others,
- Proficient in spoken and written English
Scatec Solar is an exciting, innovative and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues.
Do you want to know more about this exciting vacancy in Amsterdam? Contact the Legal Division at Robert Walters, or apply now!