Lead Corporate and M&A Counsel
Salaris €130,000 - €150,000 per year
Consultant Henjo van Niekerk
Datum 13 februari 2019 2019-02-132019-04-14 fmcg Leiden South Holland NL EUR 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
We have been exclusively engaged by one of the worlds largest multi-national FMCG organisations, that are based close to Schiphol Airport and looking for experienced international Corporate and M&A Counsel to head-up and lead the Global Corporate and M&A team.
Group Legal & Governance provides business minded support to the organisation and leads within their areas of expertise, such as corporate structures, agreements, litigation and governance. You will review, support and secure the legal and governance aspects of the business and operations in a global organisation. You will be responsible for and lead the "Corporate and M&A" team. The team secures corporate governance in the group, including handling legal restructuring etc. together with other stakeholders. You will also support the GC in his work as corporate secretary of the group. The organisation is on a growth journey and a part of the work is to be responsible for support to our investment team in M&A transactions that will support us becoming more digital and accessible for our customers in all dimensions of the business.
- Together with GC build up a strong team in Leiden and develop legal concept for areas below.
- Reports to GV and responsible for the following (not exhaustive).
- Responsible for Corporate Governance for Group.
- Legal support for Dutch Holdings and Group Mainly within the corporate area, but also other areas can be relevant.
- Legal support for our Investments business and group functions within the corporate, (incl. legal structures), M&A, tax and treasury.
- Legal support to Investments operations (Forestry, windfarms).
- Lead a team of 5-6 lawyers (M&A specialist, Corporate specialist, Treasury specialist, Investments operations lawyer and Legal Administrator).
- Member of relevant corporate bodies and governance forums.
- Business travels will be rather frequent.
- You have a sound judgement and pragmatic approach, striving to be solution oriented and accurate to meet the business needs.
- You are able to communicate at all levels with different stakeholders with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- As a person you are flexible, hands-on and pro-active and get the job done.
- You shall be a strong leader with well documented experience and interest in people.
- At the same time you are a driven team player who is able to work independently as well as contributing in teams.
- You have a masters degree in Dutch law and at least 10-15 years of working experience in the field of corporate and M&A in a law firm and/ or company.
- You should be future oriented, see what is around the corner and be able to translate into potential legal dimensions for the business.
The opportunity provides an unique opportunity to take a step into the world of Fast Moving Consumer Goods.
Would you like to know more about the role of Lead Corporate and M&A Counsel to be based in close to Schiphol? Contact the legal recruitment consultant team of Robert Walters today!