Senior Compliance Officer
Consultant Henjo van Niekerk
Datum 13 november 20192019-11-13 2020-01-12 legal Rotterdam South Holland NL EUR 65000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you a compliance expert looking to join an expanding and buoyant global firm? We have been engaged by one of the worlds leading commodity traders which are looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join their growing team to be based in Rotterdam.
Our client is a global leader in the origination, handling, processing and marketing of agricultural commodities, including grain, oil seeds, pulses, sugar, rice, Cotton, vegetable oils, protein meals and bio-diesel. They supply these commodities to their clients via a network of storage facilities, processing plants and transport assets.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivate Senior Compliance Officer to join the Corporate Compliance. In this position, you report directly to the Compliance Manager.
Who are we looking for?
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work for a company where you you can develop your skills and career. For this position we are looking for someone who :
- Owns the ABC compliance program and performs the role of subject matter expert for ABC;
- Has excellent people management and training skills;
- Is experienced in working independently and with a high level of trust and integrity;
- Has an independent and flexible work attitude and is able to work well under pressure;
- Is a true team player with a problem-solving mindset;
- Has the ability to use common sense and takes initiative.
The main responsibilities are:
- Developing and rolling-out of corporate policies in the ABC field (e.g. Code of Conduct, Ant-Bribery & Corruption Policy, Third Party Due Diligence, Conflicts of Interest, Gifts and Entertainment, Whistle-blowing),
- Developing and providing training to the business and raising awareness regarding ABC related matters,
- Providing advice to the business units regarding Day-to-day compliance related matters,
- Create controls around adherence to policies,
- Performing (enhanced) due diligence,
- Responsible for managing and training junior compliance officers and compliance assistants,
- Interacting with other control function personnel, and the employees and management in all lines of the business,
- Conducting and guiding corporate investigations,
- Keeping abreast of the regulatory developments as well as evolving best practices the ABC field.
In this role we require:
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar function (ABC compliance, investigations, due diligence, policy development),
- A university masters degree in Law,
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), additional language is a great asset,
- Very good written and verbal communication,
- Excellent knowledge of IT applications and the ability of integrating and developing the us of systems with compliance responsibilities,
- A good general knowledge and understanding of the commodities industry.
Would you like to work in an international organisation with fast growth expected for the coming years? Do you meet our profile? Then we would like to hear from you!
Please contact the Legal team at Robert Walters for more information or apply now!