Legal Operations Officer
Consultant Floortje Janssen
Datum 7 september 2022noord-holland legal/corporate-law 2022-09-07 2022-11-06 legal Schiphol-Rijk North Holland NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
For an American Private Equity firm, we are looking for a Legal Operations Officer to join their team in Amsterdam.
Our client focuses on making investments in companies headquartered in Europe and North America, through its Private Equity Funds and Structured Opportunities Funds.
The Amsterdam based team functions as a pooling platform and shared service center for the NL platform entities. The Amsterdam team also works closely with several outsourced domestic and non-domestic legal, tax and administrative service providers, as well as our client’s finance, operations, compliance and legal team members based in New York and London.
The Legal Operations Officer (“LOO”) will work as part of a six-person team consisting of the Dutch Managing Director, the Finance & Operations Director, Finance & Operations Controller, Legal, Compliance & Operations Officer and Operations Associate. The Dutch team works together on financial, tax, administrative and compliance strategic and tactical operations of BIC and the NL platform entities. The “LOO” will primarily work closely with the Legal, Compliance & Operations Officer and Operations Associate with respect to day-to-day execution of operational activities regarding legal, compliance, and tax matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• (Co-) Organize board meetings for NL platform entities, including sending out notices, board packages, keeping track of board approval matters, ensuring board quorums, execution of documentation and tracking of meetings held, valuation reviews,
• Accommodate preparation of legal documentation in close cooperation with the Legal, Compliance & Operations Officer, such as: notices, power of attorneys, proxies, board approval matters, board packages, board minutes, member and shareholders’ resolutions, documentation in relation to incorporations and dissolvement / liquidation of NL platform entities, engagement letters with service providers, service agreements and rent agreements, etc.;
• Co-gatekeeper of appropriate corporate formalities for NL platform entities such as timely (de-) registration of NL platform entities’ addresses, and training and coaching of relevant team members regarding these requirements;
• Accommodate and support the legal aspects of the payroll process of directors;
• Keeping up to date, accurate and complete corporate files for final / executed legal, tax and compliance related day-to-day and project related documents;
• Support in monitoring, updating and documenting vendor due diligence in liaison with the compliance team, including annual evaluation and renewals / cancellations of contracts with suppliers and service providers (e.g. office supplies, engagement letters, etc.);
• Support the Legal, Compliance & Operations Officer in keeping up to date KYC documentation for NL platform entities and its directors;
• In relation to NL platform entities their annual financial statements (and their audits) in cooperation with the Legal, Compliance & Operations Officer and Finance & Operations Controller;
• Provide legal and compliance related (e.g. KYC) information and documentation;
• Arrange timely for accurate and complete signatures by board members; and
• Prepare timely, accurate and complete member and shareholders’ resolutions to adopt those annual financial statements and arrange for its signatures;
• Attend and contribute to periodic update calls with service providers, clients’s legal and tax team and FinOps team; and
• Co-mentor and coach the career development of the Operations Associate.
Skills and requirements:
• Full time;
• Master’s degree in corporate law;
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with a law firm and / or corporate service provider and / or private administrator in a comparative role;
• Experience with Dutch Coop and BV structures and experience in the private equity industry is a must;
• Thorough understanding of Dutch corporate law and regulatory requirements;
• Fluent in Dutch and English, with proficiency in French or German considered an advantage;
• Self-motivated, hands-on and demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment;
• Solution orientated and practical within the framework of the relevant corporate law, tax, compliance and other legislative requirements;
• Strong organizational, such as coordinating and managerial, skills with the ability to plan / prioritize to ensure efficient and timely deliverables; adapt quickly to a changing environment;
• High self-awareness, self-reflection contributing to open and transparent communications;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Discretion with sensitive / confidential information;
• Highest standards of integrity, honesty and professionalism; and
• Advanced skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and DMS’s.
Neem contact op
+31 20 644 46 55
Salaris: Goede voorwaardenLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 19 september 2022Wil jij werken bij een beursgenoteerde multinational? Wil je graag een juridisch sparringpartner zijn voor de business en ben jij een sterke onderhandelaar? Lees snel verder, misschien is deze dynamische functie op de Zuidas iets voor jou!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 8 september 2022We are looking for a professional with the ability to contribute, coach and support the Marketing & Business Development team in realizing DLA Pipers’ growth ambition. You will work closely with the lawyers, notaries and tax advisors to explore new business opportunities and market DLA Piper and its individuals externally. Interested? Please continue reading!