Labour Affairs Manager
Salaris €7,300 - €9,700 per month
Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 26 januari 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
For a global leader in Fashion and Retail, Robert Walters is looking for a Labour Affairs Manager which will work for several Dutch entities. This position will reinforce the Human Resources Department. The employee will also carry out Health and Safety related functions. The employee will work at our facilities located in Amsterdam.
Our client is a well known retail company with several brands and services worldwide. Currently, in The Netherlands,our client is building one of its biggest European logistic centres.
As responsible of Labour Affairs, the employee shall act as representative of the company during all negotiations with the employees, the workers representatives or any other worker’s representative body about any working conditions, conflicts or any other social or legal issues related to the logistic employees or those who render international functions for the company. Furthermore, the employee shall provide advice to the company members and to its managers regarding any legal labour issue arising from the labour relationships of the aforesaid employees.
The Labour Affairs Manager will be responsible for;
- Organizing the Works’ Council and the Health and Safety Council meetings of the logistic and international employees. The employee shall attend those meetings (if necessary) on behalf of the company, draft the minutes from those meetings (in Dutch and in English), answer and prepare the employees’ questions and analyse all employees’ requests.
- Liaise with the unions and any other workers’ representatives in order to discuss all matters related to the logistic and international employees’ working conditions (especially those referred to the salary, working hours or any other concern raised by them). The employee shall maintain a smooth communication with the managers of the logistic warehouse as well as with the international personnel.
- Acting as preferred interlocutor with the unions’ representatives, the workers representatives and any other social body that may exist within the logistic or international employees.
- Organise and carry out the necessary steps in order to maintain a fluent relationship with the aforesaid unions and the worker’s representatives.
- Advice in all labour matters related to the construction of a logistics warehouse.
- Understanding and implementing the CAO Beroepsgoederenvervoer 2017-2019 in our facility which under construction at the moment. The employee shall be able to answer all questions or doubts arising from the implementation of said CAO.
- Assist and provide support in relation to day-to-day labour related issues concerning the employees and staff working in the warehouse.
- Appearing in court and before any other administrative body in relation to any labour issues which may take place regarding the employees working in the logistic or international field of the company.
- Being up to date concerning any and all legal modifications or amendments which somehow may affect any labour relationships within the company.
- Drafting and implementing legal labour policies, especially those concerning the disciplinary code, sexual harassment at work, equal gender opportunities and/or any other which may be deemed necessary.
- Providing legal assessment regarding hiring and terminations within the company, focusing on the employees which render his services within the logistic field of the company and those who belong to the international structure.
The Labour Affairs Manager which we are looking for must have the following characteristics:
- Negotiation abilities.
- Fluent in English as well as in Dutch.
- Pragmatic, flexible, diplomatic and discreet.
- Able to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
Next to that, the Labour Affairs Manager must have a law degree as well as some specialization in social and labour law. Any specialization related to the field of Human Resources shall be positively considered. Furthermore, any specialization in logistics shall be deemed as highly positive.
Preferably you have at least 7 years of relevant working experience.
Our client offers a full time permanent employment contract with a very competitive salary among other additional benefits which will be agreed considering the needs of the specific employee.
Are you interested in this new and challenging position? Contact Robert Walters or apply now!