Consultant Henjo van Niekerk
Datum 10 oktober 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
We have been engaged by one of Europe's fasted growing and expanding retail companies that are looking for an experienced compliance expert to join their rapidly growing risk and insurance team. If you’re looking for a challenging role with an industry-leading firm, please contact us ASAP!
Areas of responsibility
- Support the Manager Fraud, Integrity and Compliance in developing the companies strategy and road map for Compliance.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and continuously enhancement of Compliance Management processes (including Compliance Charter), methodologies, policies, procedures, templates and framework.
Compliance Risk Assessment:
- Develops and maintains, together with the business and legal teams, an overview of key compliance related laws, regulations, business standards and the companies Code of Conduct and associated policies.
Compliance Risk Mitigation & Training:
- Provide subject matter expert policy advice and guidance to all areas of the business in relation to Code of Conduct and other rules and regulations in cooperation with the Legal team and the manager Fraud, Integrity and Compliance.
- Work with HR and other departments to develop and implement an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing (awareness) training's for all employees.
Compliance Risk Reporting (including incident management):
- Prepares Compliance Risk and Control performance management reporting and discusses the results with the Manager Fraud, Integrity and Compliance.
- Supports the Manager Fraud, Integrity and Compliance in responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Contributes to the development a uniform process for handling such violations.
What characterises a Compliance Expert?
- Master’s degree in law, with a completed Compliance Professional/Officer certification is preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in Compliance Management.
- Solid understanding of Compliance Management principles, also including the execution of compliance audits and investigations.
- Knowledge or familiarity with relevant (international) rules and regulations and affinity with compliance issues.
- Knowledge of and experienced in documentation systems for processes, risks and controls.
- Experience in the retail sector preferred.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing), fluency in French and German preferred.
- Analytical mindset and ability to relate strategic company objectives to own activities.
- Hands on mentality and excellent communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Acts with integrity and constructive critical mindset.
- Proposes and implements efficient and effective working methods with the least possible complexity.
- Demonstrates a high level of pragmatism.
- Is very organised, can structure activities and projects, sticks to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines.
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure.
- Works effectively with others to achieve common targets.
The opportunity provides a unique opportunity to take a step into the world of retail with a rapidly expanding retail company.
Would you like to know more about the role of compliance expert to be based in Zwaagdijk-Oost? Contact the legal recruitment consultant team of Robert Walters today!