Consultant Fleur van Egmond
Datum 27 juli 2022zuid-holland legal/other 2022-08-01 2022-09-25 legal Rotterdam South Holland Delftseplein 27 Rotterdam NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
For Wilmar Europe we are looking for a business-oriented, independent and all-round experienced Legal Counsel due to the continuous growth and expansion. Wilmar Europe is a fast growing and international producer and trader in the plant based oleochemicals industry. Do you want to join an inspiring, fast growing and financially healthy organization? Please read further.
Wilmar Europe is a strong proponent of sustainable growth and committed to corporate social responsibility and is a pioneer in that field of industry. The head office, where the trade and commercial activities for Europe are handled, is located at Delftseplein next to the Central Station in Rotterdam.
As Legal Counsel you will be dealing with a great variety of subjects in a truly international environment. The purpose of this role is to provide legal advice on new & existing laws and legal rights that impact the company’s business and that of its’ subsidiaries and assist management in ensuring compliance with applicable laws. Manage all legal aspects of the company’s regular activities as well as those related to special projects. You will report directly to the General Manager and liaise with our corporate HQ in Singapore.
- Provide accurate, relevant, and timely advice to management on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business and its products or services;
- Ensure compliance with the internal controls, statutory regulations and other formalities;
- Advise on regulatory developments impacting trading operations and developing and assisting where necessary in implementing in-house policies and procedures to ensure that market-leading standards of compliance are maintained;
- Manage and mitigate legal risks by designing and implementing company policies and procedures;
- Draft, review and negotiate various commercial agreements & contracts, including JV agreements, banking, credit facilities, trade finance and shipping related documentation;
- Review legal documents and identify legal risks, research legal data and requirements to assist in the provision of feasible legal solutions;
- Execute the Group corporate secretarial function and ensure the corporate housekeeping is in order;
- Manage litigation and other disputes involving the company and its subsidiaries across various jurisdictions and businesses;
- Undertake and/or supervise legal due diligence;
- Appoint and engage external counsel, including providing effective instructions and negotiate appropriate fee structure;
- Arrange training where and when necessary (GDPR, Code of Conduct).
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A master’s degree in Law or equivalent and be legally qualified in the Netherlands;
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience working in-house or at a law firm; preferably in a commercial environment (i.e. trading, banking or industry exposure);
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details, with demonstrated maturity and independence;
- In possession of a commercial mindset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Essential to have strong English and Dutch language skills (need to liaise with counterparts & customers in HQ Singapore and Netherlands).
A dynamic job based in the city centre of Rotterdam within an inspiring team with the opportunity to bring up your ideas. Taking responsibilities and personal development is self-evident within this company.
Wilmar Europe Trading B.V. offers good salary and benefits package:
• 30 holidays per year;
• A pension scheme paid in full by Wilmar;
• A bonus scheme;
• Participation in the employer's collective fitness scheme and health insurance;
• Various other insurances paid for by Wilmar;
• Work from home options.
More about Wilmar Europe
Wilmar Europe in Rotterdam and Wilmar Oleochemicals in Rozenburg (Botlek-Rotterdam) together form the Wilmar Europe organization, which in turn is part of Wilmar International. Wilmar International is founded in 1991 and is headquartered in Singapore. Today, Wilmar is a world leader in processing, trading and merchandising oilseeds, edible oils and sugars, specialty fats and oleochemicals, biodiesel and grain. It has more than 500 factories and an extensive distribution network in China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries on all continents. Wilmar is a strong proponent of sustainable growth and is strongly committed to corporate social responsibility and is a pioneer in that field in her industry.
Wilmar Europe's head office where the trade and commercial activities for Europe are handled, is based in Rotterdam. In addition, Wilmar Europe has offices in Germany, France, Spain and Italy and joint ventures in Italy, Poland, Switzerland, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom. Quality, service, and reliability are the cornerstones to Wilmar’s reputation as an international processor and trader in the edible oils and oleochemicals industry.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please submit your application online or contact the Robert Walters Legal team for more information!
Neem contact op
+31 20 644 46 55