Data Protection Officer
Consultant Eva Gravemaker
Datum 21 februari 2023noord-holland legal/other 2023-02-22 2023-04-22 legal Amsterdam North Holland NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
For a Fortune 500 company, with a presence in 21 countries, we are looking for a Data Protection Officer (DPO). Our client is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchased. Ideally located in their Amsterdam office but remote working opportunities available.
Our client supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
You’ll be working with a team of very like-minded colleagues, you’ll be a decision maker and problem solver. And with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you’ll be at the start of an ambitious growth period across their European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, you will ensure that the Privacy strategy, including policies, processes and procedures, is in place across the EU and UK entities supporting, maintaining and further implementing the Enterprise Privacy & Data Protection Program, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and applicable European and UK data protection laws. The DPO will serve as the independent subject matter expert on European and UK data protection topics, provide pragmatic and proportionate advice, monitor and report on Privacy and Data Protection issues and lead the investigations into potential data incidents.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
* To inform and monitor the EU and UK entities and all employees of their obligations and compliance under the GDPR data protection provisions and UK equivalence.
* To perform data protection impact assessments.
* To lead the liaison, and cooperate, with the data protection supervisory authorities.
* To act as the focal point for the data protection supervisory authorities on matters relating to the processing of personal data and other matters, where appropriate
* Give advice and recommendations to the EU and UK entities about the interpretation or application of the data protection rules
* Create a register of processing operations within the EU and UK entities and notify the relevant EU and UK governance forums and, if appropriate, supervisory authorities of any that present specific risks
* Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of the EU and UK entities Global Privacy and Data Protection framework, policies, procedures, and governance model by providing subject matter expertise.
* Lead the management of the resolution of issues that have been escalated to the Privacy Office, such as operational issues related to data subject right requests.
You Will Have
* Degree level education and 5 years minimum of privacy work experience
* Strong experience implementing privacy and data protection programmes
* Expert level understanding of privacy program management and European and UK privacy laws and regulations (such as GDPR), ability to apply the rules as well as implementing rules, codes and guidance
* Demonstrated strong project management skills, including ability to lead multiple work streams in a resource-constrained environment
* Demonstrated ability of applying privacy requirements to practical use cases beyond policy formulation and compliance
* Strong communication skills and ability to develop excellent professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Supervisory Authorities) – demonstrating excellent emotional intelligence
* Ability to draft, implement and maintain internal and external privacy notices, policies, procedures and other guidance documents
The role will ideally be based in Amsterdam with a hybrid home working preference. The role may require occasional travel to other EU countries, the UK and US.
Neem contact op
+31 20 644 46 55
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 7 maart 2023Do you enjoy coming up with creative solutions to complex legal challenges? And do you want to work on a wide variety of projects, as an integral part of an talented diverse team working on an ambitious growth plan? Read further! For our client, an Amsterdam-based lifestyle hotels and hospitality group, we are looking for a Legal Counsel.
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: HaarlemDatum online: 22 februari 2023Ben jij een gedreven Legal Counsel met Privacy en Compliance ervaring? Beschik jij over een natuurlijke overtuigingskracht en een creatieve mindset? En ben jij op zoek naar een uitdagende en inspirerende werkomgeving? Lees dan snel verder! Onze klant behoort tot de top van de Google Cloud Services-gebruikers wereldwijd en creëert platformen voor hun B2B-klanten die dagelijks door miljoenen unieke bezoekers over de hele wereld worden gebruikt. Ze zijn actief in meer dan 30 verschillende landen op de meeste continenten van de wereld.
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: HaarlemDatum online: 24 januari 2023Are you a passionate Privacy & Compliance Officer looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment? Do you have a natural persuasive power, a creative mindset and are you analytically strong? For our client we are looking for a Legal Counsel!