Associate Privacy and Dataprotection
Salaris €60,000 - €100,000 per year
Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 4 juli 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 30 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Due to the fast growth in Amsterdam we are looking for an Associate Privacy/Data Protection and Cyber Security (IP&T Practice Group). A pro-active, commercial and flexible approach to help drive the team forward is essential.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 30 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Their global reach ensures that they can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. DLA Piper strives to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. These clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as governments and public sector bodies. DLA Piper is committed to attract, develop and retain the best people across all of their practice and business services groups. DLA Piper offers exceptional career opportunities to lawyers, aspiring graduates and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
The Practice Group IP & T
DLA Piper is one of the most widely recognized providers of a full range of commercial, intellectual property law, privacy, sourcing and technology law services for leading businesses worldwide. The team members are very involved in their local compliance culture and have close contacts with local regulators in Asia, Europe and the US.
Due to the fast growth of the practice group in Amsterdam we are looking for an Associate. A pro-active, commercial and flexible approach to help drive the team forward is essential. DLA Piper offers first rate support in the form of training, partner time, excellent career prospects and an opportunity to play a role in the development of a key team in one of the world's most exciting and dynamic law firms.
Key Responsibilities Associate Privacy and Dataprotection
You will be advising and assisting both national and global clients from different sectors (e.g., retail, finance, gaming, telecom, pharma) in connection in the following key areas of work:
Compliance programs and policies, including GDPR implementation;
- Data subject access and opposition rights;
- Data security, data loss prevention and data breaches;
- Online and mobile tracking and consumer protection regulations;
- E-discovery and investigations management;
- Global data transfer management (transfer agreements, BCRs, etc.).
You will be working closely together not only with DLA Piper's co-head of Global Data Protection, but also with the International Data Protection Group consisting of 50+ lawyers. You will be often working on projects with your international colleagues for which you may have to travel abroad occasionally.
Requirements & Competences Associate Privacy and Dataprotection
- Strong IPT experience, gained in a leading firm;
- 4-7 years of experience;
- Be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical issues that are key to our clients and able to translate legal requirements into a realistic and pragmatic approach for our clients;
- Commercially sharp and stays current on key legal and business news;
- Excellent communication skills, client relations and team working;
- Able to work flexibly to tight deadlines within our fast moving environment;
- Enthusiastic to work together with your national and international (Data Protection) colleagues.
Do you want to know more about this challenging position? Contact the Legal team of Robert Walters in Amsterdam or apply now!