Locatie North HollandFULL_TIME
Consultant Henjo van Niekerk
Datum 8 oktober 20192019-10-08 2019-12-07 legal amsterdam North Holland Amsterdam NL EUR 65000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We have been exclusively engaged by DLA Piper, one of the worlds leading Law Firms. Due to internal growth and evolution of the business are looking for a Business Managers to join their team in Amsterdam.
Main purpose of job:
We are looking to strengthen the business management support in the Netherlands office working in close conjunction with the Legal Manager both of whom will report to County Managing Partner (CMP) and his/her peers or delegates.
The CMP is responsible for the strategic direction, operational and commercial efficiency of the Amsterdam office achieving award winning success within the local and international legal markets. This role will support the CMP in meeting these requirements operating locally but following DLA Piper international practices and guidelines where appropriate.
The CMP is looking for a business manager who will report directly to him supporting on both strategic and operational activities within the Amsterdam office. This role will work directly with the CMP and (blank) in close collaboration with the international business support functions, local heads of legal practice areas and local services.. The objective is to provide support to these services, practice groups and client sectors to facilitate them in becoming more efficient in the delivery of their services.
The purpose of the role is to provide operational support and facilitation to the CMP and his peers by undertaking a range of tasks and projects which will include some or all of the following :
- Drive day to day business related action plans, initiatives and troubleshooting, ensuring actions are allocated to the relevant people and are acted upon.
- Assistance with preparation for and follow up of partner meetings.
- Assistance with key stakeholder management, attending meetings with the CMP, and ensuring and coordinating appropriate follow up.
- Own some of the business support related projects - both improvement and remediation activities.
- Work in close collaboration with the Legal Manager, supporting each other to meet deadlines and quality requirements.
- Liaison with support managers and their respective business support teams to draw on skills and resource as required to deliver initiatives.
- Assist with / help coordinate and where necessary lead and deliver various initiatives / priorities / projects / events.
- Support cross functional working / synergies.
- Meeting management: agenda setting and preparation / recording actions / follow up.
- Preparation of communications and presentations for various key stakeholders (CMP, Netherlands Location Heads, Operational Support Managers etc), including business cases and proposals.
- Ensure that procedures and frameworks developed are in line with international guidelines / procedures.
- Where necessary, report to the Corporate Project Management Office (CPMO) to seek budgets and approval for structured changes and provide regular updates.
- Work in conjunction regional Business Partners, Head of Operations group, regional specialist teams etc when require.
- Ad hoc tasks in support of the CMP or the Netherlands Office.
- Masters degree in Law.
- Legal background or similar experience in private practise / law firm or similar industry is a must.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience, e.g. Project Management, Business Management, Business Analyst or similar experience within a law firm or a similar industry.
- Communication (verbal, written incl. reporting) - advanced presentation skills in PowerPoint / Visio / Word with experience in collating business management decks.
- Proven expertise in planning, organising and problem solving
- Analytical and numerate
- Commercial acumen.
- Good networker and interpersonal skill.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in Dutch and "Business" English.
Do you want to know more about this challenging position? Contact the Legal team of Robert Walters in Amsterdam or apply now!