Indirect Tax Lead a.i. (interim)
Consultant Kira van Loon
Datum 9 maart 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
For a multinational we are looking for an Indirect Tax Lead ad interim. The position will be based in Amsterdam but the client very willing to be flexible to working off-sides. The position reports to the Head of Tax.
- Leads and manages global indirect tax operations; ensures compliance for all indirect taxes (VAT, GST, customs, excise, etc.);
- Manages and supports the optimization of indirect taxes for all business in all countries of operations;
- Assesses and implements processes that continuously improve the sustainable efficiency and effectiveness of the client’s indirect tax position, including the cost-effective management of indirect tax resources;
- Supports risk management for all indirect taxes:
- Supports the implementation & development of the indirect tax strategy globally, ensuring the indirect tax compliance and local optimization of client's Global Enterprise Model:
- Partners effectively with Business Units and Corporate Functions in indirect tax projects and transactions:
- Regularly reports on monitoring, managing, controlling and tracking all indirect tax compliance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience of the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree: a relevant subject such as Law, Economics, Accounting, Finance preferred;
- Masters or equivalent degree in a relevant subject preferred;
- 15+ years extensive experience in the indirect tax function of large multinationals and/or Big 4;
- International global tax experience with experience in at least one foreign tax jurisdiction and general practical understanding of international tax law and guidelines regarding indirect taxes, customs, import duties, etc.;
- Fluent in written and spoken English; multiple language ability an advantage;
- Ability to effectively build indirect tax awareness in the executive levels across the Business Units and corporate functions;
- Advanced Adaptability, Analytical Thinking, Entrepreneurship, Facilitation, Global Outlook, Project Management;
- Leadership and management capability for a large, diverse teams of (sr.) managers and senior professionals;
- Networks with tactically leading individuals and functions, manages outside advisors, Monitors and Reports on performance;
- Solves unique and complex technical, managerial and stakeholder problems that have a broad impact on the business from global to country or local entity level;
- Strong communication and influential skills;
- People management skills, including leading (virtual) teams, job and career development, performance reviews, recruitment, discipline, termination etc.
Interested in this position? Please apply through the button below. We are looking forward to receiving your cv.