VAT Compliance Specialist ad interim
Consultant Kira van Loon
Datum 8 juni 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you a VAT Compliance Specialist and looking for a new project in a dynamic environment? Please read on.....
For a USA multinational in the Rotterdam area we are looking for a VAT Compliance Specialist Ad Interim to start as soon as possible. The VAT Compliance Specialist ad interim will handle VAT Compliance matters for our client’s entities in EU and non EU countries. The candidate will be reporting to the EMEA VAT Specialist and will be part of the EMEA VAT Team.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Stay abreast of changes in the EU and local regulations concerning VAT Compliance
- Prepare and submit VAT returns and Intrastat reports and any other relevant documents to local authorities in a consistent, efficient manner, optimizing use of the company’s ERP system (SAP/R3).
- Reconcile VAT returns and Intrastat reports with the relevant general ledger accounts.
- Contribute to VAT related cross-functional projects, working together with relevant functions within the company (General Ledger, Procurement, Supply Chain among others).
- Prepare and analyze supportive documentation for VAT audits. Answer queries from tax authorities concerning VAT returns and Intrastat reports and submit required documentation in a timely manner.
- Execute internal controls (SOX) and support the VAT Specialist by preparing Key SOX Controls.
- Document VAT related processes & controls.
Qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor in Accountancy, Fiscal Economy, Economics, Fiscal law or similar, preferably with finance related background.
- Solid working experience in VAT Compliance area
- Wide experience with excel.
- Experience in VAT Compliance and Intrastat filings is essential
- Comfortable working with monthly deadlines.
- SAP R/3 knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English both written and spoken. Other European languages are an advantage.
Interested? Please apply hereunder.