Consultant Kira van Loon
Datum 4 juli 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you a Tax Manager looking for a new challenge in a small in-house tax team in a dynamic environment? Please read on.......
Redevco is a retail real estate investment management company. They aim to create more interesting places in which to live, work and shop in Europe’s most attractive urban retail destinations. They closed last year with 336 assets under management and a total portfolio value of about 7.5 billion EUR.
Redevco has a rich history in retail being part of a family company that has been in the business for over 175 years. At Redevco, they value an open and honest style of working together. For them, respect and integrity go without saying. ‘Business in balance’ is their guideline. It means combining economic, social and environmental interests in a balanced way. This is also reflected in their values integrity, excellence, balance and team spirit. And it is demonstrated in the fact that they work closely with its investor clients, retail customers, partners and employees, carefully balancing the interests of their company with those of all their stakeholders, striving to be the retail real estate partner of choice.
At the corporate services office in Amsterdam the position has become available for a Tax Manager. The Tax Manager reports to the Head of Tax of Redevco and is a part of the Redevco tax team. He/she will predominantly be responsible for the tax affairs featuring German real estate. In addition, the Tax Manager is involved in the East European real estate structures. On a case-by-case basis the Tax Manager Germany can be involved in other tax projects.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities of this position include:
• Managing all direct (and indirect) tax aspects of the German and East European real estate structures as part of various Pan-European vehicles);
• Assist in timely implementation of the German and East European real estate structures as part of various Pan-European vehicles;
• Assist in the implementation of suitable and tax efficient JV structures with non-family related entities;
• Provide tax input on German and East European transactions in Redevco (acquisitions, divestments, lease renewals and major re-developments);
• Overseeing the tax compliance in Germany and East Europe (done by in-house tax compliance manager and/or external advisors);
• Cooperate and liaise with external advisers in Germany and Eastern Europe;
• Support in tax audits and meetings with local tax authorities;
• Assist in global ad hoc projects;
• Setting up country transfer pricing documentation.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
• University degree in tax law or fiscal economics and around 5-7 years of experience in an international corporate income tax practise at an advisory firm;
• Keen willingness to learn more about the German tax system;
• Interest or experience in real estate or investment management;
• Diplomatic, professional and highly discrete;
• Team player with a no nonsense mentality:
• Service-minded and result-oriented.
• Good knowledge of the English language.
• Some travel to Germany is part of the position