Global Direct Tax Manager
Consultant Kira van Loon
Datum 4 juli 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you a senior tax professional with strong managerial skills looking for a new challenge in a dynamic environment.... please read on...
For a large multinational we are looking for a Global Direct Tax Manager, responsible for managing a large virtual team of tax professionals.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Manages and supports the optimization of direct taxes for all business in all countries of operations;
- Assesses and implements processes that continuously improve the sustainable efficiency and effectiveness of client's direct tax position, including the cost-effective management of direct tax resources;
- Supports risk management for all direct taxes;
- Supports the implementation & development of the direct tax strategy globally, ensuring the direct tax compliance and local optimization of client’s Global Enterprise Model;
- Partners effectively with SBU’s and Corporate Functions in direct tax projects and transactions.
- Manages direct tax operations for all business in all (50+) countries of operations, including responsibility for tax compliance and tax audits;
- Identifies & implements direct tax optimization opportunities in line with client's Code of Ethics, the tax mandate & policies;
- Regularly reports on monitoring, managing, controlling and tracking all direct tax compliance requirements;
- Recruit and manage a leading (virtual) Direct Tax Operations team in the chemical industry;
- Ensures Talent Management of the Direct Tax Operations team in alignment and cooperation with the Director Global Tax Operations, HR and Corporate Finance Global Community.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Master degree in taxation or similar;
- 15+ years extensive working experience in a direct tax function of a big 4 and of a large multinational;
- International global tax experience with detailed working knowledge of at least one tax jurisdiction and general practical understanding of international tax law and guidelines regarding direct taxes;
- Strong people management skills, including leading (virtual) teams, job and career development, performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, etc.
- Ability to effectively build direct tax awareness in the executive levels across the SBU’s and corporate functions to support the Global Enterprise Model and mitigate tax compliance risks and enhance the application of the Code of Ethics.
- Strong communication and influential skills;
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinker.
Are you interested? Please send your cv and apply.