Consultant Kira van Loon
Datum 7 mei 20192019-05-07 2019-07-06 fmcg rotterdam South Holland NL 3065 WB EUR 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
Are you a VAT Compliance Specialist looking for a new challenge in the Rotterdam area in a dynamic company? Please read on.......
The company is a leading organisation in the FMCG sector with a strong presence in nearly all the European countries. The headquarters in Europe is based nearby Rotterdam. The company has high volumes and a revenue which makes this company a big multinational.
At the corporate head office based in Rotterdam the new (part-time) position has become available for a VAT Compliance Specialist. He/she will report to the Finance Manager and seats in the finance team. The VAT Compliance Specialist will also work together with the Group Tax Manager. The VAT Compliance Specialist is responsible for the VAT Compliance for holding in different countries. Next to this he/she will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the VAT flows and set-up in SAP..
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly/quarterly VAT returns and Intrastat declarations for different EU countries (Netherlands, Poland, Finland, France, Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg, Spain, UK).
- Ensuring the VAT Flows and set-up in SAP. Being involved in VAT automation process.
- Review correctness of the applied VAT treatments on purchase and sales invoices.
- VAT related accounting activities (postings, clearings and reconciliations) and ensuring compliance with agreed rulings with the Dutch tax authorities.
- Acting as primary contact person for internal VAT related questions, e.g. VAT advisory.
- Participate in M&A related projects to safeguard the optimal VAT position.
- Acting as contact person for local tax authorities concerning VAT related matters.
- In close collaboration with the Tax Manager and Finance Manager, maintain contact with the Dutch VAT tax inspector under the Horizontal Monitoring Agreement.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Business Economics/Tax.
- At least 5 years of experience in VAT Compliance.
- A good understanding of (inter)national VAT Accounting and Financial Accounting.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet and ERP knowledge (preferably SAP).
- Good negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to proactively interact well between departments (procurement, sales and accounting).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personality traits: Integrity, Ownership, Pro-active, Entrepreneurship, Results oriented, Team player.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.