Consultant Kira van Loon
Datum 3 december 2018 2018-12-032019-02-01 manufacturing-and-production Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Looking for a step out of international tax advisory and become an all-round tax manager? Please read on...
For a large listed multinational (global manufacturer) we are looking for a Tax Manager.
The purpose of this role is to work in a small team of Tax professionals who are responsible for Corporate Income Tax matters for The Netherlands and a few other European jurisdictions. This specifically encompasses managing (tax) restructuring and tax projects together with other stakeholders (f.e. business) within the company and managing relationship with local tax authorities and tax advisors.
The position is a very broad tax position where you will have a lot of freedom. This is an excellent step for someone with a couple of years of tax advisory experience, looking for an in-house tax manager position as next step. You will have the ability to learn very much and become an all-round in-house tax manager. There are plenty of growth opportunities within the company and a variety of study possibilities.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Be part of multi-disciplinary project teams assisting in (tax) restructuring.
- Assist and monitor compliance with respect to withholding taxes on dividend, interest and royalties.
- Assist and advise Business with respect to potential new investments and divestments (M&A).
- Monitor tax law changes and new case law and assist in evaluating impact for the company.
- Implement new tax requirements and policies based on enacted tax laws and/or internal controls.
- Assist and advise Treasury department with respect to derivatives and other financial transactions.
- Takes the initiative in identifying tax and accounting issues and recommending solutions/opportunities for improvement.
- Review of corporate income tax returns and other tax forms prepared by external advisors or internal reporting group before filing.
- Work with Tax Reporting group to give input for Quarterly and Year-end close. Especially with respect to Tax developments, such as substantially enacted tax law changes, Tax Audits, Tax litigation, Mutual Agreement Procedures and other developments that could have an impact on the Tax disclosures as reflected in the Accounts.
- Participate in setting up and preparing internal training for tax department.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Tax Degree (Bachelor or Master)
- At least 5 years’ work experience gained ideally within in a BIG 4 accounting firm or law firm in either in an international tax planning & tax structuring department or within a tax accounting/tax reporting department.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Self starter with hands on mentality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment which requires prioritization and ability to multi-task.
- Highly self-motivated; takes initiative; identifies and addresses issues;
Interested? Please apply below and send your cv.