Lead Indirect Tax VAT Europe
Salaris Attractive package
Consultant Joyce Toeset
Datum 17 mei 2022zuid-holland tax/indirect-tax 2022-05-17 2022-07-16 financial-services Rotterdam South Holland Conradstraat NL 3013AP OLAM AGRI www.olamagri.com https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/olamlogo.jpg
Olam Agri is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Are you up for a challenge? As the new Lead Indirect Tax VAT for the European region, based in Rotterdam, you can make a difference!
As the Lead Indirect Tax VAT Europe you will oversee indirect tax activities from a compliance perspective.
This role will see you on taking ownership of a number of European countries as well as onboarding new jurisdictions. You will also be involved in digitalization projects driven by legislative changes.
Job responsibilities include:
- Experience in European VAT, Intrastat, Intracommunity and extra community (EC Sales) filing is a mandatory requirement.
- Preparation and filing of monthly VAT return, advance VAT installments and payment of final VAT liability on a timely basis.
- Preparing and sending tax declarations for the different levels of tax authorities, in accordance with the due dates established.
- Preparation and filing of Customer listing, foreign VAT return claim and withholding tax related working in Europe region. Should have a fair idea about Brexit rules.
- Active participation on all business calls and meetings and drive issue resolution as required.
- Analyzing data and translating into meaningful information.
- Managing the monthly close process and providing regular status updates to the US Corporate Office.
- Processing the journal entries and account reconciliations (India and International shared services).
- Managing the statutory tax audit requirements for EMEA.
- Supporting audit queries initiated by Statutory, Internal and Government bodies.
- Providing support in resolving VAT issues.
- Automating internal indirect tax functions and processes using technology.
- Identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency and streamline workflow.
- Coordinate with the internal teams to manage for information requirements for various tax audits and review the information & other queries raised by tax authorities from time to time.
- Manage innovative tax planning programs and preparing dashboards.
To be successful you;
- Have good negotiating skills and interpersonal skills.
- Are resilient and be able to overcome challenges whilst remaining calm and collected.
- Have an ownership mindset!
- Love travelling – your customers are spread across different countries across.
- Have a Master’s degree from reputable universities with excellent academic result, majoring in Accounting or Finance.
- Have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience of EMEA region- Tax filings, returns and schedules.
- Have knowledge of general ledger systems (preferably SAP).
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel).
Are you the Lead Indirect VAT Europe we are looking for? Contact the Tax & Treasury team at Robert Walters or apply now!
Neem contact op
+31 (0) 20 644 4655