Manager Treasury Accounting
Consultant Kira van Loon
Datum 8 november 2018 2018-11-082019-01-07 fmcg Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam
Are you ready for a new opportunity in treasury accounting? Do you want to manage a small team? Does working for an AEX llisted company excite you? Please read on......
HEINEKEN is a proud, independent global brewer committed to surprise and excite consumers with its brands and products everywhere. The Company is present in over 70 countries and operates more than 165 breweries. HEINEKEN is Europe’s largest brewer and the world’s third largest by volume. HEINEKEN is committed to the responsible marketing and consumption of its more than 250 international premium, regional, local and specialty beers and ciders. The number of people employed is over 73,500.
For Heineken we are looking for a Manager Treasury Accounting.
The Manager Treasury Accounting leads the Treasury Mid Office team and is primarily responsible for reporting on treasury and risk management operations and proper accounting thereof. The range of transactions is broad – starting from standard money market deals (deposits, loans, spot FX transactions), through debt instruments (including bonds) up to various derivatives (FX forwards, (cross-currency) interest swaps, commodity swaps). Furthermore, the Treasury Mid Office team is responsible for the accounting and reporting of movements in shareholdings/participations in subsidiaries, joint ventures and associates (and related dividends) of the Corporate Office Entities. You will be leading the Treasury Mid Office team consisting of two Treasury Mid Office Analysts and responsible to manage the daily tasks of the Treasury Mid Office team.
As Manager Treasury Accounting you will report to Manager Corporate Accounting & Reporting.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage the Treasury Mid Office team (2 FTE).
- Support control over Treasury Front Office activities, understand their impact on financial figures and ensure that the ERP system (SAP) provides the expected output in line with the accounting principles.
- Ensure adequate reporting and accounting for all types of external financing relationships (bonds, commercial paper, bank facilities) and internal financing transactions (dividends, IC-loans and IC deposits, and cash pooling).
- Ensure adequate reporting and accounting for all types of hedge relationships (cash flow hedges, fair value hedges, net investment hedge) in different markets (FX, interest rates, commodities).
- Execute month, quarter and year-end close procedures.
- Prepare the monthly treasury report on all treasury related positions.
- Conduct various Treasury Mid Office controls such as fair valuation completeness and correctness, impact of natural hedges, compliance of product types with existing hedging models, etc.
- Monitor and safeguard processes like transaction confirmations, payment runs and suspense accounts.
- Deliver detailed input data to the notes to financial reports in the area of financial instruments.
- Ensure timely and proper planning and reporting of forecasting and budget process.
- Ensure appropriate participation administration and dividend declaration process for all HEINEKEN entities around the globe.
- Be in contact with SAP Consultants in order to improve existing IT solutions (a.o. SAP Treasury) and add new functionalities and automation along with development of product range being entered into by Global Treasury.
- Be in close contact with external auditors in the area of treasury.
For this role we are looking for someone who has at least 8 years of working experience of which 3 to 5 years’ experience in a Treasury Accounting, Treasury or Reporting & Accounting position (Corporate Treasury department or Big 4 Treasury Audit team).
- Bachelor or master’s degree in business economics or Accounting.
- Passionate about financial risk management and hedge accounting
- In depth knowledge of treasury products and treasury accounting, including hedge accounting (IFRS 9).
- Good IT-knowledge (SAP experience is a must) and experience in designing and executing effective data processing.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Strong attention to details
- A ‘can-do’ attitude along with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Team player with good communication skills, flexible attitude and able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to adjust own style to suit audience and achieve objectives.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly in MS Excel).
- Fluent in English.
Want to apply? Please send you cv here below. We are looking foward to receving your cv.