Cash & Credit Manager
Consultant Kira van Loon
Datum 10 oktober 2018 2018-10-102018-12-08 trade-and-services Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
For a commodities trading company we are looking for a Cash & Credit Manager who will report directly to the Finance Director.
We are recruiting a Cash & Credit Manager who will strengthen the finance team of a recently set up joint venture between two market leading companies. This is an excellent position for a talented financial/treasurer who is ready for the next step in his/her career and who wants to put his skills and experience to the test in a demanding and challenging international environment.
The Cash and Credit Manager oversees the credit control function, cash management and forecasting, banking relations and other treasury matters.
Main objectives of the role are:
- Manage the Credit Control team.
- Ensure liquidity and cash needs of the company are met.
- Optimization of daily cash management processes.
- Oversee internal controls around critical risk areas of the company in (Counterparty Risk, Forex Exposure Risk, Bank account & Payment controls).
- Support value growth through innovative financing solutions, funding optimization and working capital.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Establish and manage a team that oversees the establishment and extension of customer credit and the process of collection.
- Oversee the process of establishing and renewing counterparty exposure limits.
- Analysis of counterparty risk and creditworthiness, including the analysis of risk mitigants and guaranties and advise on risk rating and setting customer limits.
- Maintain relations with credit rating agencies and credit insurer to support credit limit requests.
- Work with commercial department and key account managers in respect of customer credit and overdue accounts.
- Take part in calls / meetings with the customers in respect of credit issues.
- Work with the accounts receivable and billing teams in follow up to collection process and customer issues.
- Follow up on claims, non-payment issues, insolvencies.
- Support and administer collaterals such as guarantees, single insurances, etc.
Risk Management and controls:
- Custodian of the Counterparty Risk policy and related procedures and controls, including bad debt management and write-off.
- Oversee with Controlling team the daily foreign exchange risk monitoring process.
- Responsible for internal controls around Bank Account and Payment Controls.
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over credit and treasury activities and encourage a culture of sound financial practice.
- Develop, implement and maintain bank account structures and payment controls.
- Administer online banking systems and bank authorizations.
- Liaise with bank relations on KYC documentation and compliance requirements.
- Oversee process of daily cash forecasting, relating borrowing needs and intercompany funding.
- Work with local finance team and outsourced services responsible for daily payment process.
- Longer term forecasting and budgeting of short term debt requirements and related interest costs.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and longer-term capital requirements.
- Oversee daily funding of operations and bank loan management.
Innovative solutions and value creation:
- Support identifying and implementing innovative ways of funding through debtor financing programs, factoring and supply chain financing, issuance / acceptance of letters of credit, etc.
- Optimization of cash management and deal with short term cash surplus through tools like cash pooling and currency swaps, making recommendations to Finance Manager.
- Optimization of interest cost through efficient use of bank loans and innovative solutions to manage interest rate risk.
- Preparation of cash position and credit exposures reporting.
- Provide business insight through dashboards and KPIs on working capital, counterparty exposure and credit risk.
- Partner with shareholder’s centre of excellence and outsourced functions related to credit control and treasury.
- Partner with various stakeholders on internal and external funding solutions, capitalization and funding structure for our client.
- Participate in ad hoc request and project initiatives as appropriate in scope of the role.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Bachelor's or Master’s degree Business Economics, Finance & Accounting or related field
- Min 6 years post graduate experience.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in cash management / credit control in a finance & control department of a medium sized commercial operation or banking environment.
- Excellent financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong affinity and demonstrated experience with managing internal controls.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization.
- People management skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Performance and results orientated.
- Proficiency in MS Office, ERP and accounting systems and business intelligence tools.
- Well organized with proven project management skills.
- Experience in an agricultural commodity trading environment preferred.
Interested? Please apply and send you cv.