Senior Cash Manager
Consultant Kira van Loon
Datum 7 januari 2019 2019-01-072019-03-05 trade-and-services Rotterdam South Holland NL EUR 65000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
For a commodities trading company we are looking for a Senior Cash Manager who will report directly to the Finance Director.
We are recruiting a Senior Cash Manager who will strengthen the finance team of a recently set up joint venture between two market leading companies. This is an excellent position for an experienced Cash Manager who is ready for a next step in his/her career and who wants to put his skills and experience to the test in a demanding and challenging international environment.
The Senior Cash Manager oversees cash management, the credit control function, forecasting, banking relations and other treasury matters.
Main objectives of the role are:
- Ensure liquidity and cash needs of the company are met.
- Optimization of daily cash management processes.
- Manage the Credit Control team
- Oversee internal controls around critical risk areas of the company in (Counterparty Risk, Forex Exposure Risk, Bank account & Payment controls).
- Support value growth through innovative financing solutions, funding optimization and working capital.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Oversee process of daily cash forecasting, relating borrowing needs and intercompany funding.
- Work with local finance team and outsourced services responsible for daily payment process.
- Longer term forecasting and budgeting of short term debt requirements and related interest costs.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and longer-term capital requirements.
- Oversee daily funding of operations and bank loan management.
- Establish and manage a team that oversees the establishment and extension of customer credit and the process of collection.
- Oversee the process of establishing and renewing counterparty exposure limits.
- Analysis of counterparty risk and creditworthiness, including the analysis of risk mitigants and guaranties and advise on risk rating and setting customer limits.
- Maintain relations with credit rating agencies and credit insurer to support credit limit requests.
- Work with commercial department and key account managers in respect of customer credit and overdue accounts.
- Take part in calls / meetings with the customers in respect of credit issues.
- Work with the accounts receivable and billing teams in follow up to collection process and customer issues.
- Follow up on claims, non-payment issues, insolvencies.
- Support and administer collaterals such as guarantees, single insurances, etc.
Risk Management and controls:
- Custodian of the Counterparty Risk policy and related procedures and controls, including bad debt management and write-off.
- Oversee with Controlling team the daily foreign exchange risk monitoring process.
- Responsible for internal controls around Bank Account and Payment Controls.
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over credit and treasury activities and encourage a culture of sound financial practice.
- Develop, implement and maintain bank account structures and payment controls.
- Administer online banking systems and bank authorizations.
- Liaise with bank relations on KYC documentation and compliance requirements.
Innovative solutions and value creation:
- Support identifying and implementing innovative ways of funding through debtor financing programs, factoring and supply chain financing, issuance / acceptance of letters of credit, etc.
- Optimization of cash management and deal with short term cash surplus through tools like cash pooling and currency swaps, making recommendations to Finance Manager.
- Optimization of interest cost through efficient use of bank loans and innovative solutions to manage interest rate risk.
- Preparation of cash position and credit exposures reporting.
- Provide business insight through dashboards and KPIs on working capital, counterparty exposure and credit risk.
- Partner with shareholder’s centre of excellence and outsourced functions related to credit control and treasury.
- Partner with various stakeholders on internal and external funding solutions, capitalization and funding structure for our client.
- Participate in ad hoc request and project initiatives as appropriate in scope of the role.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Bachelor's or Master’s degree Business Economics, Finance & Accounting or related field is a must.
- Min 6 years post graduate experience.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in cash management / treasury in a finance & control department of an international organisation or banking environment.
- (Some) experience with credit management required
- Excellent financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization.
- People management skills, preferably with managing a team.
- Strong analytical skills
- Performance and results orientated.
- Proficiency in MS Office, ERP and accounting systems and business intelligence tools.
- Well organized with proven project management skills.
Interested? Please apply and send your cv.